To Pregnancy Yoga/ Hypnobirthing or Not to

erimela

Reaction score
Ladies, I have been chatting with a several mothers in my building and all have offered their individual suggestions on how to prepare for birth.

Two common suggestions
- Pregnancy Yoga
- Hypnobirthing

Just wondering if any of us have done either / researched the areas / have thoughts as to their value (they can be pricey!)

Keen to gather your views.

Thanks

Both!! As much as you can!!! Won't go into mega detail as it takes forever on my phone but I studied and practised yoga for many years and the benefits are tremendous!

I only read 1 Hypnobirthing book as I only discovered it towards the end of my last preg and it was a wonderful revelation!

Natal Hypnotherapy - it's the UK version of Hypnobirthing and you do not have to attend a class if you do not want to (However they do do classes)

I am currently using the 1st CD of the 4CD boxset for Hospital birth which is relaxation in pregnancy and my partner is reading the book (I have already read it) Being someone who has always suffered with anxiety I can honestly say I do feel more calm and relaxed after using the CD for roughly a month and I still have 3 CD's to go lol I was a complete skeptic before using them too! The book also helps to prepare yoru birth partner (in my case OH) so he knows what to expect and can actually be of some use rather than standing in a corner! It is not full of rubbish and actually makes sense!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do hun x

Last edited:
I would like to try them myself so I'm curious to know what other peoples experience is .

I would like to try them myself so I'm curious to know what other peoples experience is .

Agreed. it would be good to know how other women have found hypnobirthing. It sounds interesting though keen to know who has used it or is attending classes etc.

Actually, reading about hypnobirthing has just made me panic a little over the actual birth itself - more around the level of ignorance i have! *sorry stress attack over*

Anyone else care to share their experience / thoughts?

Oh my god I didnt post the link ! A friend e-mailed it to me . I'll have to find it again Im sorry erimela :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back