to people woth older babies

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i have got Braydons 6-9 month check tomoz with the HV and i was just wonering wot kinda things will happen she sed shell do weight and things like usual but wot else?
and also will i get a PnD test thing again or anything for me? about being a mum etc
Please help, getting kinda worried lol, i know i am being silly again

not all babies get this cheak. i just got a letter through the post with questions like. does your baby babble does your baby sit alone can your baby pick something small up eg a rasin?
then i sent it back in the post

Hi ya,

yeah this way they have just stopped doing this check so I think I have to wait till Dom is a year old.

When Dom was about 3 months they gave me a stupid questionnaire to fill out for PND.

I think it's different in different areas - typical eh?

omg i forgot bout that check up , did u make the appointment or did the
hv call u ?

Jamie had his a few weeks ago, it was like a drop in session to go along and speak to...
the HV...she gave him his health check...checked hips, testes, pincer grasp, hearing sight etc etc!
Nursery nurse for weighing and discussing weaning/foods etc,
speech and language therapist- talked about his develoment with words and different sounds etc he makes and what he should be doing at his age,
and another lady who gave us free reading books and chatted about reading and gave jamie a library card with a voucer for a free book! lol

Jamie loved playing with all the other babies it was so funny watching him babbling away to them...he did play with one girl and grabbed her hair really tight!! took me ages to get unclamp his fist!! poor girl screamed the place down!!! soooo embarrasing!!

Got some good freebies too, books, toothbrush, toothpaste, a beaker/cup thing! and loads of info etc! Also lots of finger foods there for them to try, including marmite on bread!! most babies screwed there face up at that!!! was there for about 2 hours it was really good!!!

that sounds really good steph, dont think they do that here,my friends little girl had hers ast year and they just checked her responce to her name, crawling, holding things between finger and thumb ect. let us know how it goes sarah x

i asked my HV about it n she made the apoointment

steph B is only seeing the HV will she do all thed check s?

Hiya, when Reece had his all the HV did was ask if he was sitting, taking his own weight with his legs, grabbing things etc. She never picked him up or examined him or anything.

I never got much freebies though only a bag of Sure Start books. They are great though :D

hearts81 said:
Hiya, when Reece had his all the HV did was ask if he was sitting, taking his own weight with his legs, grabbing things etc. She never picked him up or examined him or anything.

I never got much freebies though only a bag of Sure Start books. They are great though :D

this is the same as wot i had but she did weigh n measure he has put on 3 oz in a week lol but he is double the length he should be she sed to expect him to be a good 6.5 foot tall wen he is fully grown lol

I got my appointment through today. Mine is on 26 July. Rubie will be 7 months old.

when beth had hers done it was the general weight length head circumference, asking the things she could do and couldnt do seeing if she could pick up a small raisin in a certain way seeing if she could stack little blocks on top of each other. checking her hips also had to do the PND questionnaire again i think that was about it :think:

youve got your appointment through early kim, your docs must be good. Iv never had a PND questionnaire before although I remember the midwife showing it me at my booking in apoointment :think:

I've never even had a pnd questionnaire mentioned to me, let alone seen one!! Yes my docs are quite organised - in some areas!!

the first time i saw one was just after i had beth there was no such thing when i had kurt :lol:

Aaron had his about a month ago and they did a few different things. I only saw the health visitor who did everything like weighing, length, asked me if he says mum and dad, if he looks for dropped objects, pincer grip, swaps between hands. She also undressed him and checked him over and held his hands to see if he would pull himself up etc. She moved his ankles around and checked his hips erm also checked for pulses to make sure both sides of his heart are working right. I only got the sure start books which were brill so ordered more haha. They have stopped doing the toothbrushes etc at my clinic :(

Lydia had hers yesterday.

They asked me about:
her sleeping habits
how much food she has/what types/what times of the day
how much formula she has/what time of the day

they observed how she was babbling and crawling on the floor

she was undressed and:

weighed and measured

they also checked her hip rotation whilst she was undressed, and turned her over to look at the folds in her legs.

Lydia had her hearing checked when she was a couple of weeks old, so they didn't check that.

That's kinda it really. Oh and they gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste for her. And offered general advice about her sleeping and eating.
That's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back