**TMI brown discharge**

zoe82

Reaction score
Sorry to start a gross thread, but the past 2 mornings I've noticed I've had a brown discharge on my pad, could this be anything to do with my plug or does it sound like something else? I don't get any more in the day which is why I haven't bothered calling my midwife, but my friend was here earlier and said I should in case it turns into an infection! Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and what it was?

I've no idea hun, but I would ring your MW and discuss it with her. Brown suggests old blood but I'd still get it checked out, it could be your plug xx

Last edited:
I think brown is ok and is probably the start of your plug but to be honest I would still ring your midwife and check x

if its like little bits of mucus it probably your plug thats how mine started to come out as like tiny flecks, then the day after I passed a big chunk x

Didn't want to read and run, but sorry I don't know x

I hope it is! Can't call the midwife now until Monday, I'm not calling the emergency one, they'll think I'm mad! Thanks for the replies, I wasn't too concerned until my friend said that, hope its not going to drag on for 5 or 6 weeks, come on LO!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Could be weeks hun as it can grow back or so i have been told. My sister lost hers and still went over due x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Could be weeks hun as it can grow back or so i have been told. My sister lost hers and still went over due x

Yeah I can see that being me! OH is convinced LO will be here by the end of next week, but I'm not so sure, I'll bet I go over as far as I can! :eek:

I lost mine Wednesday. And am still waiting for something got my section booked though for Wednesday so not long to wait x

Not long at all, what if you start going into labour before Weds? Will you still have a section? x

Well they gave me a sweep Tuesday as i would love a natural birth as had section with my first x

Going to see if i can have waters broken on my pre op this Tuesday see if i can still labour naturally else my section will go ahead x

Fingers crossed things get moving before Weds for you then! X x :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back