TIPS FOR LOOSING WEIGHT

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Ok so ive been doing WW and loosing 1lb a week. Its really not enough for me. I need to be loosing more.

So what have you lovely ladies been doing to loose so much weight, Help me im getting closer and close to 17st and im only 5ft 4.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well done on your weight lose hun :cheer:
You should aim to lose around 1-2lb a week so you are doing really well :clap: No more than that as you will find it hard to maintain your loss long term.

Do at least 30 mins of aerobic exercise 3 times (minimum) a week. This can be as simple as a brisk walk, although a run, swim or jog will give quicker results. Not only will it motivate you to do more but exercise boosts your metabolism so you will burn more calories even when you are just resting. Again the more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn even whilst just watching telly! So the more excerise you do, the more muscle you gain, the quicker your metabolism......resulting in more calories burnt!

Drink lots of water and fill up on fresh fruit and vegetables. They are full of fibre so will make you feel fuller for longer with very little calories and fat.

Good luck :hug:

Misslarue said:
Well done on your weight lose hun :cheer:
You should aim to lose around 1-2lb a week so you are doing really well :clap: No more than that as you will find it hard to maintain your loss long term.

Do at least 30 mins of aerobic exercise 3 times (minimum) a week. This can be as simple as a brisk walk, although a run, swim or jog will give quicker results. Not only will it motivate you to do more but exercise boosts your metabolism so you will burn more calories even when you are just resting. Again the more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn even whilst just watching telly! So the more excerise you do, the more muscle you gain, the quicker your metabolism......resulting in more calories burnt!

Drink lots of water and fill up on fresh fruit and vegetables. They are full of fibre so will make you feel fuller for longer with very little calories and fat.

Good luck :hug:

This!

If I excercise I lose lots of weight. I always think it's important to build muscle too. Don't listen to all the 'muscle weighs more than fat' nonsense. Strength training (weights) is just as important to me as cardio.

Homemade soups are always good for me too. I'd always make a batch of soup (Butternut squash and red pepper, carrot and tomatoe, vegetable etc) and eat it every day for lunch (bit boring but worth it) and it really helped.

1lb a week is good though. I was always a bit impatient and wanted to lose it quicker but lost 4 stone in about a year which is pretty much a pound a week.

Good luck :)

My biggest tip would be ditch Weight watchers and join Slimming world if you have a local one! :D
Well done on the weight loss though! As said before, it is better to lose it in smaller amounts so your body adjusts to it rather than go into shock and try to store fat or make you eat more then your body needs as thats what you ate before!! :D

I do Weight Watchers and I am finding it great.

Make sure you eat loads of fruit and veg and drink loads of water. However 1-2lbs a week is decent and thats what they tell you to aim for :D

If you want a WW buddy then PM me :D

Losing fat is fairly simple when you know how, itjust takes organisation and discipline.

Forget calories and start counting macronutrients (carbs, protein and fat)

Eat 6 meals a day spread approx 3 hours apart( 8am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 8pm)

Eat unprocessed sources of carbohydrate and lean protein and veg at the first 4 meals, and just protein and veg the last two

Carbohydrate examples : oats, sweet potato, wholemeal pasta, brown rice
Protein examples, egg whites, tofu/quorn, soya, chicken, turkey, steak, fish
Veg examples: broccoli, spinach, cabbage, peas,cauliflower
Use olive oil or other good fat source to cook with, or drizzle a teaspoonful over your food each meal

Start off with about 30g of carbs at each of the 4 meals (thats 30 g of carbs, not 30g weight of the product- check the packets). If your weight loss slows, reduce each meal to 25 g carbs. If your weight loss is too fast or if you are feeling too hungry, increase slightly to start with

Thank you all so much for your appreciated advice, I'm going to try and put it into practice, I understand slow weight loss is the best, im just soooo impatient :lol:

I buy fruit and prepare it all in advance as I am such a lazy eater - I want convenience food and I want it now! Can't be bothered with chopping/peeling etc but I love the taste! So I chop it up when I get it, put it in a tub in the fridge and then when I feel like snacking I grab a handful/bowlful and keep my "treats" till the evening otherwise I would eat crap all day long!

I had a problem with eating too much at dinner time, because my portion sizes were too big, reducing them didn't fill me up :lol: Drinking sparkling water with your meals, or flavoured fizzy water helps to fill you up.

Also, I read a good tip on Gillian McKeiths site, brush your teeth when you feel like snacking as the taste won't be nice :lol:

Lots of great advice and nothing much to add really.

The one thing I try and do is if I feel hungry have a drink of water as sometimes hunger can be mistaken for thirst.

Also I agree with Lea m slimming world is much better and easier than WW, I have done both and found SW to be the better, not much counting like there is with WW. Also SW is the only recognised healthy eating plan backed by the government.

eat less/healthier and excercise more, doesnt have to be at the gym, walk to town, do some extra housework. it all adds up. try snacking on fruit instead of 'bad' foods. i dont buy them so i cant eat them.

If you want something badly enough you can achieve it. I found myself looking at a picture of a friend in her bikini and thought 'god! id do anything to look like that!' then i tought well if i would do anything to look like that, how about starting with not eating junk food! and everytime i want something 'bad' i think of that picture and how bad i want to look like that!

i have a million tips but would be irresponsible of me to post them they are dangerous :lol:

just keep up what ur doing honey, gradual weight loss, healthy eating and exercise :hug:

I noticed you asked for ladies, but ill give my 2 pence worth anyway if that is ok?? Ive dieted and trained for years to not much avail. Went and seen a guy who did allergy and deficiency testing, said i was allergic to loads and decificient in more, long story but advice was to cut out ALL refined sugar. Very difficult, and boring at first but made me look at the ingredients and get inventive. End result was, without me realising it, a majorly healthy diet consisting of fresh meats, veg, eggs, friut. Really didnt think about it for a bit then it hit me what i was eating. Clothes fit and waist went down! not very good as i was trying to put on a bit of muscle too! And at the time i was training the least in my life really, due to work and family committments. I put id purely down to diet!
Just my 2 pence worth, difficult but might be something worth considering. Good luck with it all!

Sounds abit like Atkins confusedone :)

I've been doing it for the past 4 months and its basically cutting out all the bad sugars/carbs and you know what it does work :) Plus it stays off, plus you don't get sugar cravings :thumbup:

Sounds abit like Atkins confusedone :)

I've been doing it for the past 4 months and its basically cutting out all the bad sugars/carbs and you know what it does work :) Plus it stays off, plus you don't get sugar cravings :thumbup:

Not sure really as didnt really look into atkins. I know a few friends who tried the atkins and lost weight but all seemed to put weight back on. Seems that most that i know who keep it off seemed to lose little bit by bit. But the diet i follow is great for me. And yes the guy i seen advised i use chromium supplement to maintain and steady sugar levels, stopping sugar cravings. I did that, not sure if it was placebo effect but again it worked for me!

Good luck!

1 Pound a week is great! if you want to feel more active try Yoga! Its very low impact and so easy to learn! there are classes offered all over so it makes it verry accessible!Not only is it a great work out but it is great for the mind as well!Cheers! Good luck!

Hello Friends.......

Tips for loosing weight are

1.Find out how many calories you need

2.Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day

3.Watch for Portion Size

4.Do not Skip Meals

5.Go for wholesome fresh foods

Thanks

[url=http://www.adicro.com]contract research
[/URL]

Last edited:
I buy fruit and prepare it all in advance as I am such a lazy eater - I want convenience food and I want it now! Can't be bothered with chopping/peeling etc but I love the taste! So I chop it up when I get it, put it in a tub in the fridge and then when I feel like snacking I grab a handful/bowlful and keep my "treats" till the evening otherwise I would eat crap all day long!

Becky this is a great idea and its what I do as sometimes I just dont have the time and energy to start preparing when we get in etc!

So I prepare everything the day before and plan our meals weekly so then theres none of this 'theres nothing planned lets just grad a take away' stuff!!

Plan in advance!!!!

Also since dh was diagnosed with diabetes two weeks ago we decided to change our whole lifestyle as a family and its working great so is there anyone in your family/house doing it with you who can keep you motivated? Weve found this has been a massive boost as were all doing it so nobody feels left out and its not a diets were doing weve simply changed our lifestyle and eating habbits...for good!

Good luck and well done with what youve lost so far xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back