Tips for healing tears

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just given birth on Monday and have a couple of tears. They were not big enough to need stitches but they still hurt when I have to pee. It causes a lot of stinging and feels awful for a while after also. Any advice on what you can do to help heal the tears would be great. I have been used spa bath salts in the bath but they still feel the same at the moment. Thanks

Crystal xx

Hi,

I have just given birth on Monday and have a couple of tears. They were not big enough to need stitches but they still hurt when I have to pee. It causes a lot of stinging and feels awful for a while after also. Any advice on what you can do to help heal the tears would be great. I have been used spa bath salts in the bath but they still feel the same at the moment. Thanks

Crystal xx

Dont use spa bath salt, just normal salt in a warm bath and maybe add some lavender oil as it helps aid the healing and just try and rest as much as possible. Moving around a lot can irritate tears and stitches.

Dont use spa bath salt, just normal salt in a warm bath and maybe add some lavender oil as it helps aid the healing and just try and rest as much as possible. Moving around a lot can irritate tears and stitches.

When u pee take a jug of warm water with u & pour as u wee & this will make it less acidic and it wont sting as much! :)

happy_chick said:
When u pee take a jug of warm water with u & pour as u wee & this will make it less acidic and it wont sting as much! :)

I was told this one as it is really supposed to work. I never had any problems with my tear so I don't know wether it works or not but it's morth a try. xxx

I jumped in the shower everytime I needed a pee and let the water run as I peed, heaven! I also had my hairdryer permanently plugged in and blow dried my ninny rather than try and dry it with toilet paper or a towel. I did have stitches though.

I pee standing up at the mo after a 2nd deg tear going both ways :shock: I also pee in the shower too.

I'm taking arnica for them and it seems to be working as they don't feel so bad now.

NIE said:
happy_chick said:

I was told this one as it is really supposed to work. I never had any problems with my tear so I don't know wether it works or not but it's morth a try. xxx

I tore my urethra so pee'd acid for four weeks :rotfl: The jug was an absolute god send.

I found salt baths with lavender oil absolutely lovely...sadly the minute you get out the pain comes back... but you heal quick and a few moments relief is worth it.

i found just drinking loads and loading and peeing every hour is working, im just peeing water and it dont hurt, but im dreading the morning pee :wall:

Hi,

Thanks for all of your replies. My tears seem a bit better today as they are not stinging as much when I need to pee. Thanks for all of the great tips :D :D

Crystal xx

Use normal salt, if you can find 'sea salt' int he food sections in shops, that works even better. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix, just eat properly, get plenty of rest (your body heals better when sleeping), take a few ibrufen and you should be ok in about 5-8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back