sickness on public transport?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Was just wondering how people have been coping with sickness in public places, esp transport? E.g. do you take around a sick bag just in case?

I nearly heaved on the tube platform this evening and was panicking a bit on the tube wondering where was best to puke if needs be and what would happen after that!

This must be a common issue so any advice appreciated :)

I carried a sick bag everywhere with me until I was 14wks.
Thankfully I managed to avoid throwing up on the street but a few cafes and bars were burst into haha x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had a carrier bag in ym handbag just in case x

Mine was more nausea than sickness, but I get 2 trains to work - 15 mins train; 8 mins wait; 25 mins train - on the second one I had a lot of trouble staying on. A few times I have to get off for some air - which was a nuisance as it's a half hour service!!! So I definitely feel your pain.

I never thought about this.
I should really after nearly being sick on the way to work the other day. Think I may do the carrier bag trick!

carry a sick bag I didnt and was sick on the pavment :( lol

Take a few pick and mix sweet paper bags from tesco. Just like aeroplane sick bags xx

I need to put some in my car! Nearly got caught short today :shock:

I used to have a carrier bag in my handband no matter where I went. I was sick morning noon and night so needed to be prepared!

I had some sick bags with me! All except boxing day where i was driving on the Motorway and suddenly threw up :/ Had to pull over and clean it up best i could, but still had another 2 hours of driving. Was not an experience i'd like to repeat lol x

Pic n mix bag sounds inspired... Had been thinking of a mushroom paper bag but i have gone off the things at the mo!

Thanks for all your helpful advice x

Have you tried the travel sickness bands?

I guess preventing being sick in the first place would be better?

Not sure where you are based hun, but I get on Tubes so packed you'd be lucky to be able to have room to vom in a paper bag :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Also an easons or waterstones bag is pretty good. They are thicker than normal plastic bags so there's no leakage lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I was sick over someones garden wall :( It was either that or in full view of passing traffic on the pavement

Im sorry i cant be of more help, ive never really suffered with sickness during my pregnancy!. But the things the ladies have come out with sound very good ideas :)

Hope it eases for you soon :)

Oh dear babyem!

Carnat, i looked for the sickness bands in my closest Boots but couldn't find them - where do you get them from?

I'm fortunate in my tube journey - district line isn't too bad generally :)

Oh dear babyem!

Carnat, i looked for the sickness bands in my closest Boots but couldn't find them - where do you get them from?

I'm fortunate in my tube journey - district line isn't too bad generally :)

I got my travel sickness bands in boots, they were in the pharmacist section where you get your prescriptions. If you ask at the desk I'm sure someone could find them for you thats what I had to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back