Timing and my age!

lidsloveskauto

Reaction score
Wouldn't have even thought I'd be posting here, but things have taken a surprising turn the last couple of weeks!

Have known my bf for years and have now been officially together for 8 months and we are very much in love and in tune with each other. The other day he randomly said "So you're not pregnant yet then?" to which I replied "No. Did you want me to be?" and he then said "Do you want to be?" and I said "Maybe one day" and he said "Well it'll have to be soon" (biological clock and all that as I've just had my 39th bd).

So we've been talking about it and he really wants children and I do too. Just worried I've left it too late at my age for a first baby and all the extra health risks that come with it. He's only just started a new job and we don't even live together yet (though we hope to start looking for a place in September when we've saved a bit of money). So now, all I can think about is trying to get pregnant! I'm currently on the pill so its not going to happen right now. We had a debate about whether I should stop taking it now and decided we should "be responsible" for now and wait till we get a place. I just want to get on with it and start trying as I know it might take ages to get pregnant at my age (if I even can, fingers crossed). Do you think we're right to wait? The timing is never going to be perfect though is it?! Just don't want to be that irresponsible woman who everyone looks down on, pregnant and not even living together...

So that's my story! Look forward to your thoughts and to meeting you :)

Timing will never ever be perfect and its only this last year that ive learnt this!! When I found out I was pregnant with my LO me and OH had only been together 10 months ish, were living with his mother and I was still in college!! In the 9 months we had a fair few tough times but by the time LO was here we had bought our first home, moved in together and now 3 years down the line we are still as happy as ever. I think if you both believe that it's meant to be then you will find ways of making it work out :). I think the most important thing to remember is that baby's can put an awful lot of stress on your relationship before you both make the decision. Xxx

Definitely agree the timing will never be perfect no matter how much you plan!

Hope whatever you decide it's the right choice for you and it all works out :)

What did you decide to do?! How has the house hunting gone? Any exciting news to share yet??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back