Time to test?

WeArePregnant1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bother you all again but I was wanting a bit of advice! I think I ovulated around the 11th or the 12th of this month so that would make me either 5 or 6 dpo. I have just done a test as I wasnt sure how long after ov you can test and it was neg. Does that mean that is it for me this month? I was really praying that this month was going to be our month x

I feel horrible now and wish I had just waited but I want to cry as all want is to be a mother and to give my husband a child.

am I still in with a chace of a bfp this month do you think?

My last period was the 28th June so I am on CD20 today x

Any advice would be appreciated x

i would wait until you are 1 week late at least and then do a test.

Thanks for that do you think I am still in with a chance then?
I just dont get it how long after you ov can you become pg?

it depends how long your cycle is. With most HPT's you can test on the day your period is due. If you have a 28 day cycle, you can test in 8 days time. There's still a chance.

Good luck!

some women can get BFPs really early but most women wont get one until they are late for their period at least. but i would agree with budge it best to wait to see if you actually missed your period first giving it a few days after your normal cycle length, otherwise you'll get obsessed with taking HPTs and disappointed if they come back BFNs. if you leave it a week after missed AF then that gives your body enough time for the HCG the build up and show as a positive. good luck hun, i hope its your month :D

the days after ov are called the luetel (not sure of the spelling!!) phase and has to be at least 10days long but can last upto 16 days long. It has to be atleast 10 days for the egg stay where it should be. Most women have a 14 day phase, but we can all have a longer or shorter phase before ov, this may make our cycles longer - depending when we ov.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you too much :)

Wantababynow said:
Thanks for that do you think I am still in with a chance then?
I just dont get it how long after you ov can you become pg?

of course you are! :hug: good luck!!

i tested +5 days,

didnt think i would be, convinced to would be neg, just thought it was stress..

Thanks everyone I thought I knew all about baby making until me and hubby started to ttc! We did BD all around the time i was due to ovulate every day I just really want it to happen for us!!

I usually dont test but I didnt know if I could be pg now or not but I thought I wouldnt be it takes a week or so doesnt it from the day you OV and I am only on day 5 or 6dpo!!

I am so impatient!!! Oh at least there is still hope for us this month!!

Fingers crossed! Thanks everyone!!

Good luck to you all too xxxx

I tested early just because I had a feeling. My cycles have been all over the place for the last few months and I didn't really know where I was, was not expecting to get a positive at all and was just gonna wait 'till fri.

At 5/6 dpo you are definitley still in with a chance, some women can wait for weeks to get their BFPs when they are actually pg, everyone is different.

Good luck to you and I hope you don't have to wait too long :hug: .

Its hard to say as everyones different, but I tested 2 days before AF was due and got a clear negative, not even a hint of a line. I waited until AF was 3 days late and got my BFP, they weren't even strong lines either. I waited another week and re-tested and got a strong positive. Good luck!

clear blue say you can test 4 days before your period is due and it worked for me

the first time I feel PG, I was a few days late, and my test was a BFN. Waited another week and tested again, this time BFP. Sometimes the hormone used for testing doesn't appear for a week or so.

You still have hope! My AF is due on Tuesday, my boobs are sore today, so fingers crossed. :wink: I am VERY tempted to buy a test - but I think I'll hold off until next week - due to past experiences.

Good luck! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back