Time for Jessica to move to a big girls bed

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Its that time, my baby is moving out of her cot and into a bed. Its not a big bed (ive put a link below) and it has a guard rail on it buts its not a cot :D

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... 6180*16183

Her cot goes into a bed but we have decided to get this bed and get her settled in it well before the baby comes in August. She is very good at understanding things and tomorrow we will go and let her pick a pillowcase and duvet cover.

She is at her grannies today so we will build it up but let her see and participate in moving it into her room tomorrw and let her see where the cot will be going in mummys room.

I hope it goes well.

Ohhhh How exciting :lol: LOL.

Hope everything goes well :lol:

Nice bed too :lol:

ohhh isnt jess a lucky girl that bed looks loverly

good luck with it all, she sounds VERY mature for her age

thanks, im soooo excited. I just chatter to her all day long and she seems to know what im saying most of the time. She puts her gro bag away in her cot in the morning and her sleepsuit in the washing basket. Its just one of these things she does and she looks so pleased when I tell her she is a good girl for helping mummy. I think she is going to love being a big sister.

I dont have her doing lots, just wee bits and bobs that make her feel helpfull. Of course there is the toilet roll story which im just going to post. Urrggghh.

oh iv just got back from ikea, i seent hat bed i well want it for Dior but i think she aint ready to come out of her cot yet, she has a cotbed at the moment stilol has the bars up so for now i have got a lil cheap cot for new baby then when he is 6months he can have Diors nice big cot and im going to get Dior that bed, its a lil princess kind of bed :)

there is such nice stuff at ikea, we could have came back with so much but we tried to just get the stuff we really needed.

I probably wouldnt have moved Jess so early but with the new baby coming in August I wanted to do it before. It was either well before or well after the baby as I didnt want to upset her too much. By the time Dior is ready for a cot the baby will have been in the house a bit.

Im going to leave the potty till after baby comes, she isnt interested in it anyway and hasnt shown any of the signs so Im just going to leave it.

UPDATE!!!
Last night was her first night in the new cot. Despite having got it last week we only put it up yesterday. She was really pleased when she saw it and at bed time was quite happy to go into it. I just put a sheet over the matress and she still slept in her gro bag. All her toys were positioned as they had been in the cot and the bed was in the same position as the cot. I think I will continue with the gro bag for a few weeks or until it starts to get warm.

We didnt have a peep out of her all night. And today when she went for her nap she got out once. She doesnt go into the gro bag for her daytime nap, just gets a blanket. I took her back through, explained it was nap time and that I would be back soon and when I peeked in 5 mins later she was out for the count.

She went down tonight great as well so it seems like a success. Im so pleased. I took bit of a gamble and dismantled the cot till baby 2 is nearly here then it will go up again in my room.

:D :D :D :D

awww bless she sounds like a lil angel :angel:
ild love to get Dior a big girls bed now but i no for a fact shouldnt sleep in it...she would be straight out the second i leave the room then she will be straight in her drawers, she loves pulling all the clothes out.. she would sit there all night playing and trashing her room lol, and she is to young to understand if i try and explane to her its sleep time :roll:

thanks Dionne,
She is a wee angel. Im sure though she could give trashing the room a good go, same as Dior, but she is still in the gro bag so I dont think she can move too far.
:D

Hi

thats so exciting good for her hope she keeps it up for you and sound like she will be a great big sister.
katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back