Thyroxine?

bethanyann

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but didn't want to go straight onto google!!

I had most of my thyroid removed this time last year, at the time they tested my thyroxine levels and they were fine. I saw my maternity consultant today and she said my blood tests show my thyroxine levels are really low so I have to start taking the suplements once a day. They told me before my operation that I may need to take them, so that's fine.

But I'm a little bit worried because the consultant said she assumes my levels have been dropping over the full year as nobody has tested them. Which explains why I've been so exhausted and passing out so much etc. But how will it have effected the baby (if at all!?) I'm nearly 25 weeks pregnant now, and baby is measuring small, could my low thyroxine have caused that?!

If anyone knows anything about it I'd be v grateful!! Thanks ladies xx

Bethany Ann, I'm sorry I don't have any experiance on this area, I would ask for another appointment with them, to answer these questions, as your right google is never the way to go for peace of mind

Hope you get some answers soon, try not to worry, I was always small for dates, and all was well, different midwifes measurements really vary anyway

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back