Thought I was in labour!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
It's all fun and games from hereon isn't it?

Waddled down to maternity ward last night after calling and telling them I was having some weird tightening pains around lower abdomen and sides and full on back ache. They wanted to check I wasn't in early labour so they put fetal monitor on for an hour but there was no uterine activity and nothing seemed to be pointing towards labour. Baby was also fine. (God was I just having false BH or what?)

After a bit the pains and discomfort subsided and I went home. Good news though is that they told me that if I DID have the baby now they wouldn't make any effort to stop it and baby would be just fine! Yay all those premature worries over! :cheer:

So how many of you ladies thought you might have been in labour and weren't and just when do you decide to actually go to hospital to check? I do still feel like I might be wasting their time when I go in, but I just worry endlessly if I don't!

awww bless you :hug: I've not had any labour scares yet thank god. Way to early for the boy to arrive

i keep getting really bad period pains and tightenings, the mw has told me too keep an eye on them and if i have any loss to phone labour ward as it can be a sign of preterm labour

I get strong period pains now and again but nothing that has made me think I might be in labour yet

Sounds like BH to me. They can get more intense in the third tri. I've had BH since 15 weeks so no change there, except they're more frequent and intense now.

I think I'm the opposite to you. I think I will actually have to be dragged to hospital once the time comes and am just hoping I get there in plenty of time. I really don't want to be there longer than I have to.

At least you have had your mind put at rest now and your bub would be fine. Just relax :)

Not had anything that dramatic recently- I had a kidney infection at 24 weeks which was really scary- 'early labour'' was mentioned toooo many times and I was completely gobsmacked and totally unable to take it in. Luckily all was fine and because of the infection they identified the polyhydroamnios thing and have kept a very close eye on me since, so in a way it all helped

It's nice that they reassured you about baby being early- you can look forward to any further episodes with less dread now! Although you read things about outcomes at different times to hear advice speifically applied to your own baby really helps.

Hoping the next time your pains and tightenings come they are for the right reasons!!! :hug:

I've thought I might be starting over the past two weeks or so... but I HATE hospitals and I refuse to go there unless I KNOW I am in labour.. suspecting it isn't good enough. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
I've thought I might be starting over the past two weeks or so... but I HATE hospitals and I refuse to go there unless I KNOW I am in labour.. suspecting it isn't good enough. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I agree!!! I want to see the babys head before I set off! Actually I'll take that back but as good as, i want to spend the minimum time in hospital.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back