• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thought I was going into labour!!

Warley

Reaction score
Hiya

Didn't sleep a wink last night I was in so much pain, I was nearly sick!

I have been having period like pain for the past few days and really thought this was it, however..halfway through the night realised it was just down one side of my hip :? . Having thought back I have been continually lying on my left hand side (coz they say you should) and been getting pins and needles on the side of my left (huge) buttock! Slept rest of night on RHS...baby was not happy!

So I am figuring it's just cramp, this morning feel like I have been kicked in the bum on the LHS!!

Anyone else had this?

X

I get pains in my hips, bum, legs and feet if I lie on one side for too long, it can get quite bad! I have to turn over in bed every hour or so :roll:

Hope it feels better soon :hug:

Thanks for the responses.

Is it ok to sleep on the other side then? Does anyone know why it's preferable to sleep on their left side rather than the right side? If I sleep on my back I get a wierd numb feeling in my lower back.

Being pregnant is rubbish :x - I have had enough now!

X

:hug: :hug:

if i lie on my back it hurts lol i get pins an needles in my back..

and i find different nights i have to sleep on different sides i think it depends on were ur babys lieing it can get uncomfortable.

Warley said:
Is it ok to sleep on the other side then? Does anyone know why it's preferable to sleep on their left side rather than the right side?

Yeah it's fine to sleep on either side :) I did a first aid course at work when I was 5 months pregnant and the trainer was telling me that your main artery runs down the right side of your body (I think he said right :? ) and when pregnant the baby can lie on it making you a bit short of breath, but it is safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back