• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

thomas is off to the hospital today UPDATED first post

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
poor mite has got to see another surgeon today this time its not for his cleft but for his willy. when he was born they notised (they being the doctor not the midwifes) notised his pee hole is slightly off center its only by about 1/2 cm but we were told it could get worse as he gets older and could give him a complex.
its not a needed op to fix it but we are going ahead with it for the fear of him growing up worried about his body he has enough things without that aswell!!
so we have to see the doctor today sort out a date ect and find out exaxctly how they are going to do it
wish us luck
xx

***UPDATE**
great news he looked at it and it seems he wont be needing an op as its not as bad as they first thought :cheer: :cheer:
he said it could even correct itself as he grows but he will proberly never notise it unless he looks at other willies!!
said he might have a problem with potty training if it gets worse but for the moment he wees in a straight line so should be fine :)
am so pleased he wont have to have another operation.
he needs to see him next year around this time just to check how things are going but thats ok
xx

Good luck Manda, poor little guy i hope its all over soon for him!

Bless him. He really has had his fair share of things to deal with (and you) :hug:

Good luck hun xxx

I know we havent always seen eye to eye, but I wanted to say sorry for the silly spat about the c sections, I also wanted to give you and Thomas some :hug:

Its really stressful when you baby needs any type of medical intervention :hug:

thanks all and jue i had forgotten all about that :hug:
its at 3pm will update when we are back am getting taxis there and back as its like 27 degrees outside far to hot for buses!!!

Just seen your update hun, Good news, glad it went well x

Thats great news :hug: :hug: :hug:
Im dreading the day when Ryan has to have his operation on his willy! :(

Hayden had an op for Hypospadias- so glad that Thomas is able to get away with not having it :hug: :hug:
twas not nice seeing my babba having bladder spasms and stuff after :-(
and he was circumcised too!

Manda&Thomas said:
poor mite has got to see another surgeon today this time its not for his cleft but for his willy. when he was born they notised (they being the doctor not the midwifes) notised his pee hole is slightly off center its only by about 1/2 cm but we were told it could get worse as he gets older and could give him a complex.
its not a needed op to fix it but we are going ahead with it for the fear of him growing up worried about his body he has enough things without that aswell!!
so we have to see the doctor today sort out a date ect and find out exaxctly how they are going to do it
wish us luck
xx

***UPDATE**
great news he looked at it and it seems he wont be needing an op as its not as bad as they first thought :cheer: :cheer:
he said it could even correct itself as he grows but he will proberly never notise it unless he looks at other willies!!
said he might have a problem with potty training if it gets worse but for the moment he wees in a straight line so should be fine :)
am so pleased he wont have to have another operation.
he needs to see him next year around this time just to check how things are going but thats ok
xx
hope all goes well.

littlepip said:
has Ryan got the same thing?? if you have any worries or questions PM me hun..
Haydey had his done when he was one so i've been there :hug:

sorry to hear your boys have had/got issues with thier willies aswell.
its the last thing you exspect to have a problem with isnt it
xx

Hey Manda,
Tom has exactly the same thing...hypospadius. His is mild too so he won't need an op.
We are due to see the consultant again in August but - all being well - he should sign us off then.
He has said that Tom's willie might look a bit different to the other boys when he's older which is a worry but the condition is too mild to operate and, to be honest, I don't really want my little boy going under a general anaesthetic anyway.
Lxx

That's great news Manda :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My great nephew has to have an operation when he's 1 because he has an extra hole at the side of his willy that wee comes out of.

fran_23 said:
littlepip said:

hey his foreskin is attached at the top of his willy. theres a little hole that his wee comes out of thankfully but some of the foreskin has fused together so will have to have an operation when hes 1. i think there gonna circumcise him?? i take it thats what they would do???

littlepip said:
fran_23 said:
littlepip said:

hey his foreskin is attached at the top of his willy. theres a little hole that his wee comes out of thankfully but some of the foreskin has fused together so will have to have an operation when hes 1. i think there gonna circumcise him?? i take it thats what they would do???

Yeah it sounds the same as what Hayden had- his urethra was too short too so they circumcised him..used the foreskin to make the urethra longer and moved the pee hole over a tiny bit so its where it should be! I don't know if its the same case for you but the reason his foreskin was fused like that was because the urethra was a tiny bit too short..and the wee hole was a couple of mm out of place.
He had his op when he was 1 at great ormond street..its quite quick and standard but still scary as a mum!
as i said any questions or anything i'm happy to answer :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back