• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

thomas is off to the hospital today UPDATED first post

fran_23 said:
littlepip said:
[quote="fran_23":2zclh0vz]
littlepip said:
Thats great news :hug: :hug: :hug:
Im dreading the day when Ryan has to have his operation on his willy! :(
has Ryan got the same thing?? if you have any worries or questions PM me hun..
Haydey had his done when he was one so i've been there :hug:

hey his foreskin is attached at the top of his willy. theres a little hole that his wee comes out of thankfully but some of the foreskin has fused together so will have to have an operation when hes 1. i think there gonna circumcise him?? i take it thats what they would do???

Yeah it sounds the same as what Hayden had- his urethra was too short too so they circumcised him..used the foreskin to make the urethra longer and moved the pee hole over a tiny bit so its where it should be! I don't know if its the same case for you but the reason his foreskin was fused like that was because the urethra was a tiny bit too short..and the wee hole was a couple of mm out of place.
He had his op when he was 1 at great ormond street..its quite quick and standard but still scary as a mum!
as i said any questions or anything i'm happy to answer :) :hug:[/quote:2zclh0vz]

thanks i appreciate that. I know he seems like its ages away but it will come around so quickly. they haven't said what they will do exactly but they will look into doing it when hes one. Do they knock them out then i take it? God i would stand there ballin my eyes out!!!!!

yeh i did- (bawl my eyes out)
His dad had to hold him on his lap because i was already crying
they gave him the pipe to put in his mouth and he wasn;t going under he was laughing and
chewing it- then he started looking sleepythe nurse told me to turn around so he wouldn't see me crying,
then they said you can kiss him bye now and he was on the bed with a tiny lil mask over his mouth and nose
i kissed him and then bawled all the way back to the ward! its just a bit weird seeing your baby put under anesthetic!!
but they are tough little mites..he was fine!!

oh god that made me cry reading that :cry: he hasnt even got his dad around either so it will just be me :( i would ask my mum to take him down but id feel like i would have let him down. i just dont like the thought of him having a tube down his throat

oh sorry hun i didnt mean to scare you :hug:
they didn'nt put the tube down his throat they gave it to him
(as babies do with everything) put it in his mouth..so the gas could start working enough
to put the mask on without him getting scared- they were really good and know to expect the mummy to get
upset! get your mum to go with you and then if its too upsetting just turn around..thats what i did
and then gave him a kiss goodbye when he was under... :hug: :hug:

:hug: Its not the going to sleep part im worried about its just that i know when i leave the room they will be putting a tube down his throat. :cry: I dont even know why its upsetting me because its months away yet, i just hate the thought of it xx

aw i see..:-( yeah try not to think about it too much yet-deal with it when you get there! :hug:
you know where i am if you need me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back