This time next week i could have my baby :D

my only advice for induction is take pleanty to do i was started on a thurs and gave birth on the saturday i can take forever pleanty of change for tv and loads of snacks and best of luck look forward to hearing all about the birth soon xx

Taking your laptop and internet dongle thing sounds like a good idea to me hun, i can't see how they could stop you. The only thing about playing with your nipples is like rachel said i'd get covered in milk, my boobs have been leaking for weeks now, it feels very off lol. Enjoy the next few days honey, how mad is it to think this time next week you should have your little girl in your arms. Rachel could be the same for you too, she might not be overdue. Lots of love to both of you xx

Good luck :) iv got no advice for being induced as i never was but if you do end up getting induced id love to know how you get on as iv gotta prepare for it lol :) And thats a good weight as they dont seem as fragile as a little 6lb'er lol. Hope all goes well :) x

Wow, next week!! thats so exciting!!!

I just finished reading Ina May's book on childbirth and there are loads of tips in there to get labour going naturally if doctors are wanting to use chemical drips to bring on labour (she's totally against that so there are loads of ideas) *flicks through pages* right...

- If you get into hospital next week and labour hasnt started, getting them to break your waters before putting you on a drip (although once your waters are broken they set the clock tocking and you HAVE to have your baby within 24 hours or they start panicking about infection - in her book there was one woman who went over and refused a c-section by convincingthem to give her antibiotics to prevent infection as she really wanted a natural birth, and it worked.)

-lots of bonking :rofl: human semen is a natural source of the same chemical they use to soften your cervix in inductions in hospital, so make sure your OH has a REALLY good time! lol, your cervix softens gradually then which makes labour more natural.

-nipple stimulation (your midwife was right!!) makes you release hormones which stimulate contractions (also happens during sexy time so your OH has to make sure YOU have a REALLY good time as well :rofl: think your body releases loads if you have a big O) I have to quote this cos Im laughing so much "If stimulating one nipple only doesnt yield the desired efect, stimulate both simultaneously" :rofl: A breast pump does the same thing if your OH is too tired from all the bonking!!

- castor oil. Be careful, it only works cos its a laxative. theres not much research on whether it works or not but its safe so why not try! Ina May gives it after breakfast if the woman has had a good nights sleep (one table spoon and another an hour later if the laxatives havent kicked in lol )

-having a sweep. your midwife can do this. Basically mess with your cervix a bit to get it going! before they introduce any chemicals to your system.

Have fun!!! BTW are you taking rosehip tea? Its supposed to be really good for the muscles of your uterus and makes contractions stronger and more effective so youre not in labour as long.

Ooooh, exciting!!!!!!!

I was induced with my 1st at 16 day soverdue. Took about 4 pessaries, broken waters and syntocin to get me started stubborn little madam.
I have heard of lots of women being started off by the pessaries alone which would be a godsend as I wasn't a fan of being hooked up to drips.

If I thought I would be induced again I would try acupuncture/pressure. In fact I'll be trying this on my due date anyway lolx

Im overdue with a big baby i've tried everything from sex to spicy foods and its not happening lol so got to wait now til tues for me sweep :-( x

get some castor oil and twiddle your nipples!! :rofl:

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck on your induction day, unless you go into labour before then. Keep us posted hun :) x

Thank you all soooo much for your advice girls :) I hope im not sat in that bloody bed for days just waiting...i hate hospitals as it is!!

Im gunan take in
my laptop
book
magazine
money for tv card
snacks
ipod

I think that will do to be honest :) So my plan is to chill today and tomoz then monday spring clean my house and wash all babies bedding (i know its come straight outta packets) i want it to be fresh :) tues is pay day so gunna go shopping i think then weds make sure everything is packed and sort the house like:

putting changein mat, nappies and wipes downstairs, putting all her bath bit in bathroom and putting her swing chair downstairs. Then gunna have a lush long bath and early night, to get up at 7.30 on thurs to ring the ward and see what time my bed is gunna be ready....then all systems go!!!

EXCITED :) :) :) XXX

wow you seem so so planned! :yay:
i still have the crib to assemble and i finally got my mattress so give that a wipe over and wash her bedding and put that on!
set up and clean her pram and car seat...
and wait for another silly person on ebay to get back to me about when i can pick up some draws because i found some damp at the back of my fitted ones and i don't want baby's things stinking of damp! :wall2:

Its stressful preparing for a baby hun dont you think??

I sat in her room last night and went threw everything, to check i had everything i needed :) lol
Her daddy went and got the last few things i needed, but its just clicked this mornin that i need a summer coat for her, you know like a little mac coat or summit :D she has cardigans and lil hooded cardis but i want a nice little coat for her, apart from that all i need now is a baby :) COME ON EVIE MOVE UR LIL BUM

xxx

hahaha awww :D
i've got so many goddamn clothes haha!!

Aww your so close to having your little baby!!! Good luck with everything...Im sure itll all be fine :)

I think you're going to be the start of summer baby boom!

Oh I got a really cute little summer coat from asda the other week. Only cheap but so so cute. :)

Rach its a joke int it. Honestly this babies wardrobe is crazy...:) but she is gunna be a liil princess!!

Thanks melio ill have to have a look in asda im going up on tues or weds i think

xx

asda are doing GORGEOUS little dresses but i already have loads of summer ones for newborn - 3months so i'll have to resist the urge haha!
my friend worked in baby gap so she used to come over with a loads of bits for me and i'm overloaded with little girl clothes that i doubt she'll wear them all!

Ooh this is so exciting, Laura your list of things to do, like wash the bedding, put her toilettries in the bathroom really made me smile, it seems so real and close for you. I still feel like i'm miles away, we have the car seat and base today and checked it was easy enough to fit in OH's car so that he can do it quickly when he needs to come and pick us up, then we've put everything back in it's box and in the nursery. But it still doesn't seem fully real if that makes sense, I can't wait to be so close, your literally days away - i'm really excited for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back