This month....

Chazabell

Reaction score
This month we are on a health kick.

We are cutting down completely on alcohol (we enjoy a few beers of glasses of vino thru the week) we will now only have a drink on a weekend, and in moderation of course.

We both dont really like eating fruit (lazy) so were gonna be onto fruit smoothies, and yoghurts etc. Like Positivity has suggested i will switch to sweet potatoes, brown rice, and brown pasta. We already only eat brown bread. We dont do take aways or eating out, but i need to control portion sizes (i hate waste so i just dish everything up)

Im am going to religiously take my folic acid, and he will be forced to take extra zinc tablets. Am i right by thinking Vitamin B6 helps skin?

What else can anyone suggest for our health kick?

xxxxxx

hi chaz, i'm not sure if it was my diet but if i had to bet i reckon it had something to do with it. my diet was the main thing we done differently this month. i've put on weight over the past 4 months or so, so we decided to give this a go. just thought i'd tell u what i was eating:

breakfast: ate this everyday, in fact, eating it right now!
innocent fruit smoothie (i'm drinking the kids ones as they are smaller and a bit nicer)
apple
low calorie alpen breakfast bar

lunch:
home made veg soups, mostly roasted red pepper or tomatoes
the odd tuna baguette (you know the tiny half ones you can get in pret?)

dinner:
fresh tuna steak, sweet potatoe and veg (sometimes roasted veg if i could be bothered)
peppered mackrel (or tesco do one in peri peri sauce!) veg and brown rice (not my fave!)
bolognese with brown pasta
chicken breast with salad (sounds boring but is actually quite nice with dressing etc)
turkey fajitas with veg and tortilla wraps
fillet steak (lean) with sweet potatoe mash

they are a few of the dinners we done over the past month or so. other than that, i kept snacks to a minimum - actually lost half a stone too!!

best of luck hunny, you really do deserve it. xxxxxxxxxx

Cool thanks you :)

Im trying the ASDA smoothies, just as nice as the Innocent smoothies, but over half the price lol. Were having a chicken stirfry for dinner tonight, not big fish fans so were staying away ha ha. But will defo be giving grilled meats and sweet potatoes a try.

Were desperate to fall pregnant soon, i cant wait to fall preggers and leave my job, and the go back part time to something fun or retrain xxx

Oh, i'm on fruit smoothies :)

Buy a kenwood smoothie to go - only £25 - make your own, get lots of frozen fruits (keep forever), nuts (keep forever) and bananas and milk/yogurt (keep for a week or so).

Then you get a huge amount of smoothie per meal.

Make sure you have banana and nuts in them because otherwise you will starve - i think it's the banana that makes you feel full and the nuts that keep you feeling full.

My hubby is a diabetic and our energy levels have been great.

We have smoothie for breakfast and for lunch or dinner, depending on how hungry i am come lunch time.

For our none smoothies meal we have:
- Stir fry (1 pack veg, 200g steak/chicken, 1 sauce sachet, generous handful of noodles).
- 200g steak/chicken, baked sweet potatoe, salad (no dressing).
- Portion of fish, 5 new potatoes, asaragus and broccoli.

Sweet potatoes are weird though because surprise surprise, they are sweet a bit like carrots but even more sweet. They do cook really well in the microwave, even the skin goes nice, but the only way i can enjoy them is by mashing fajita spice into middle. Not found a better way to make them more savory :eh:

We use that 1kcal spray oil and our lean mean grill for most cooking.

We don't have processed carbs like bread and sugar.

Good luck chaz :D

Last edited:
Ooooo are smoothies supposed to be a meal replacement? I thought it was an easy way to get one of your 5 a day..... :s

Im gonna try rice noodles tonight with our stirfry i think. I always marinade my chicken in olive oil and garlic, so never need to add extra oil. And i usually just add water when things need help cooking, and ALWAYS drain fat off.

Can you have tuna on a sweet potato? Or is that just wrong? lol xx

Doesn't olive oil = extra fat? :eh: Read the bottle, it's practically 120 kcal per table spoon :shock:

A smoothie is a decent meal replacement for breakfast certainly, but unless you want to lose weight like me that no need for more than one meal :)

I wouldn't try tuna on sweet potatoe personally - i just had sweet potatoe just then and it was so sweet, i decided they are more like dates than carrots.

To be fair, a stirfry is the only time we use olive oil, so im allowed the extra fat ;) lol

We've stocked up on smoothies, im back in work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. Turkey broth for my lunch, and i expect that ill be soo busy i wont have time for snacking!

Gonna invest in some red bush tea too, try and reduce my caffine intake. And just purchased my vitamin B6.

Fingers crossed. I should be OVing this week. My AF was due 28th March, i had a small bleed on 29th, and spotting each day after but she arrived fully on 2nd April xxx

i use olive oil in everything, i belive it is considered a 'good' fat. i'm gonna try asda smoothies as innocent are a bit pricey! x

good luck with the healthy eating girls, I really need to start taking this whole diet thing seriously, and good luck Chaz with this month, x

:wave: hiya girlies. Water is a good idea too for health kicks. It fights off dehydration-causing hunger pangs and assists in the production of cm. Win win ;) xxx

Thanks girls.

I bought myself a fancy Starbucks cold drinks bottle today, and ive drank loads of water with robinsons no added sugar cordial....and yes it does beat away hunger pangs, when i felt like munching on something....BAM drank some juice lol.

And ive had snack a jacks in stead of crisps....yum.

Fingers crossed xxxx

Positivity, ASDA smoothies are lush. Evn my OH likes them, we have the mangoy one and the berries...mmmmmm and only £1.33.

Its going well, ive only had 2 coffee's this week and 2 cups of tea. No chocolate since monday, and no crisps, alcohol or fizzy pop. And my lunhes have been light and my dinners healthy. Im gonna step on scales tomorrow and see if i have sifted a pound or 2. And ive drank so much water im finding myself popping to the loo more oftrn, AND already im not spotty.

We've started taking our seperate vitamins too, B6, B12, and Zinc xxx

Hi All :)

Well Done Chaz. Loving your work.

When do I need to start feeding my OH zinc?

I was told by the OH's surgeon (he is having a reversal) that I need to sort my diet out 3 months beofre TTC. Is it the same for him too?

Soph xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back