This is all very new to me!

sazza

Reaction score
My partner and I have been together for 11 years now. Over the last year we have been talking a lot about starting a family, and we only decided a week ago to 'properly' start trying. However, we hadn't been as careful a couple of weeks previous to that.

I had my last period a week before Christmas, (don't know exact dates) and I'm sure I have a 28 day cycle. I'm pretty sure I should have had my period around 5 days ago. Now wondering if it's possible I might be pregnant...

...Curiosity is getting the better of me, and I shall be getting a test tomorrow!

This sounds exciting, definately do a test and let us know how you get on!! Good luck x x :pray:

:wave: Welcome to the mad house :) :lol:

Good luck for when you test :pray: :hug:

Just a quick update, didn't even get to do a test - and AF arrived tonight!

It seems my cycle is longer than I thought!

Thanks! I started taking folic acid just over a week ago, and as I am anaemic, I have been taking my usually iron tablets too. I have also increased my intake of calcium (I don't drink milk) however, I have been eating a lot of brocolli, green beans and peas.

If anyone else would like to add anything else I should be doing, please feel free!

there are a few things such as temperature charting, cm checking(cervical mucus) and opk (ovulation predictor kits) you can do to pinpoint when you ovulate. if you have sex around this time it will increase your chances of conceiving. however as your new to ttc i would recommend just having sex every 2 or 3 days throughout your cycle for a few months and see what happens. the stress of trying to time sex right can be detrimental and make it feel less fun!! good luck!
xxx

Thanks for the additional info. I feel I'm already becomming obsessed! Been so careful for so many years not to become pregnant, and now all I can think about is becoming pregnant! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back