Very worried as we have a "Who's is it?" Question.

smithcoe

Reaction score
I have recently left my fiance due to mistreatment, and am now in a very loving relationship with someone that I have known for over 7 years.

Myself and my new partner decided it would be OK if we were to have a child regardless of how long we have been together, therefore have been having unprotected sex. We first had sex on Friday 27th July, and every night since(not being crude!). So this afternoon we decided to take a home pregnancy test and it has tested positive.

Although elated as we are, this has now raised a concern. As I only left my ex fiance 1 week ago and last had sex with him on the 4th July, we are worried it could be his. My last period started on the 25th June and finished on around the 30th June. I was on the pill for 12 months which I came off in May, therefore my menstruation cycle has been varied since.

So my question is, how likely is it my ex fiance could be the father, and how soon after conception can the early pregnancy test pick up the pregnancy hormone?

you need to ask the midwife on this as u need the correct dates. so anything we say could be wrong. Have a chat with the midwife hope u get the answer your looking for.

Id say that it is definatly your ex's baby as there is no way that the egg would be fertilised and implanted and produce enough hormone to turn a HPT positive in 4 days. Dont quote me on that though thats just my reasoning to the situation :D .

Yeah... I'm sorry to say it must be your ex's baby as it wouldn't have had time to implant and show a positive pregnancy test in just 4 days. I apologize as it must be so frustrating for you... but I'd say it's about a 99.9% chance that it's his.

:hug:

hi there honey

what a dilemna for you, I really do hope that things turn out for the best for you, I really do.

If the first time that you had sexual relations with your new partner was only on Friday then this would not be causing the positive pregnancy test, it takes much longer than four days for the egg to implant and produce the hormone that makes the preg test positive

I am really sorry, as someone else has said of course you must check with the midwife and get this professionally checked.

The best of luck to you

Take care of yourself, I am sure your new partner will as well

x x x

Yeah, sorry honey, I agree with everyone else, it would be near on impossible to get a BFP after 4 days :(

I hope everything works out for you :hug:

little*red said:
Id say that it is definatly your ex's baby as there is no way that the egg would be fertilised and implanted and produce enough hormone to turn a HPT positive in 4 days. Dont quote me on that though thats just my reasoning to the situation :D .

This is assuming (if you don't mind me saying you might have done such a thing, smithy) that -which would be understandable, as her ex was abusive- smithy wasn't having an intimate relationship with her new boyf at the same time, before she moved in with him.

Otherwise I'm afraid I agree with the others :shock:

But I know quite a few of the board's ladies have been left with a baby after an abusive relationship, and they just view it as a blessing, and at least something good- their baby- coming out of that situation :)

Best wishes :hug:

the other things that have made us think on this are the facts that my ex didnt ejaculate the last time we slept together (4th July that was the only time we did in 3 months), and he always had problems with that side of things...

We have also looked online and it says that I would not have been ovulating 4 days after my period... There are a few people I have spoken to that took a test 3-4days after concieving which came back positive. We're going to see the doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks we should do and what sort of timescale we should expect to be able to know for sure.

Thankyou for all your help so far!

Almost impossible to get a positive HPT after only 4 days, sorry hun but I think its your ex's

To answer the question above, i did only start becoming intimate with my current boyfriend on Friday. Thanks again!

I would say the baby is your ex's hun :hug: He doesn't have to fully ejaculate to release little swimmers

hi hun as i undertsnd it is not possible to get a positive 4 days after sex but it is possible to ovualate 4 days after you finish your period especially if they were irregular. your first day of your period is day 1 of your cycle so if your cycle lasted 6/7 days and you had sex 3/4 days later you were prob just in time for ovualtion. i ovulate earlu also on day 8/9 of cycle so it is possible. you need to check with midwife but as i have read it take 3/4 days for conception to take place after sex and then a further 8- 12 days for implantation to happen and when this happens your body starts releasing the pregnancy hormone. your dating scan wud tell you exact dates tho at 12 weeks so as long as you keep the possible dates of conception you should be able to work it out.

i would ask mw firstly tho.
good luck hun

xxxxx

smithcoe said:
We have also looked online and it says that I would not have been ovulating 4 days after my period...

You do not have to have been ovulating at the time you had sex, as :-

"Your fertile period starts about 4-5 days before ovulation, and ends about 24-48 hours after it. This is because sperm can live in your body for approximately 4 to 5 days, and the egg can live for 24 to 48 hours after being released."

http://www.ovulation-calendar.com/hlp-d ... nancy.html

-but a lot of sites say the egg on average only lives 12 hours. So you see, you had sex with your ex at a time which was probably the 'right' side of ovulation.

It is highly doubtful/impossible that a pregnancy conceived 4 days would show on a test.

The reason being, the zygote (sperm mixed with egg) takes 3-5 days even to go down the fallopian tube. A baby conceived then would not even have been in the womb when you tested. http://www.studentsforlife.org/wp/educa ... velopment/

"# 7th day, Zygote implants in the endometrium of the uterus and begins to draw nourishment
# Hormones produced by the embryo filters into the mother’s urine wall and produce a positive pregnancy test"

So you are unlikely to get a positive test until at least 7 days after you did the crucial deed.
----
You could do with a scan to see what's going on- I'm sure you're doctor might approve and let you have an early scan to find out the dates when the baby was made- then you'd know for sure.

But is it really best to know?

Having said all this- what matters is that the baby has a loving mum, and if it is your ex's, your new partner sounds lovely, and may love 'him' as his own :)

Hi there

Also remember that spermy can live for up to 6/7 days so it is possible to have sex on a monday and not get pregant till the saturday or sunday. so whilst you might not have ovaluted four days after your period, if you had the spermy in you and ovualted on day 10 it is still possible to get pregant.

This is how I got preg the first time.

Did the deed on a Wednesday got preg on the Monday!!!!!!

Good luck honey.

You sound like you have such a supportive partner, the fact that you are looking on the internet and trying to work everything out. He sounds so kind and obviously definately wants this little baby so much

The best of luck to you darling x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back