This fuel emmision thing

missac

Reaction score
I was reading on the news today that they are going to be charging hgv's for driving in the fuel emmisions zone on London, they are then going to be charging buses, is it just me or are they not trying to encourage people to use buses more, I reckon that the buses are going to limit their routes in these areas so that they don't have to pay the high charges, this is not going to encourage bus usage!

I don't exactly know why I am posting this, but thought I would see what everyone else thinks, maybe I have read it all wrong!!!

wow yes that does seem a bit bizzare and I agree with you, if this is the case then public transport in london is going to be hit really hard, which kind of defeats the object doesnt it?

Ooh, I am glad you agree, I thought maybe I had got it wrong!!!

The charge for buses doesn't come in to effect until 7th July. After this time the buses (and all other vehicles over 3.5 tonnes) will have to meet specified emission standards. If I understand correctly, newer vehicles are pretty much fine but older ones have far greater emissions. So it might mean that only newer buses will be used in the zone as half of the buses in London already pass the Low Emission standard.

The more worrying thing in my opinion is that this will apply to ambulances, I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back