• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things moving along quicker than I thought

sarah1

Reaction score
Hello ladies :) I've got a cancellation appointment this friday to have a hysteroscopy to look at this cyst thing in my uterus and finally find out what it is - was meant to be on the waiting list but got this appt v quickly! Anyone had this done? Does it hurt? I find having smear test reeeally painful and bleed afterwards so hoping this isn't the same.

Got af last week - not a surprise. Was planning to take agnus castus and evening primrose this cycle but had tonsilitus three times in 2 weeks so pumped full of medicine and stomach can't handle any more. Next month ey?! :)

Hope everyone ok x x x x x x x

Hi Sarah

I've never had a hysteroscopy but i know what it is. It may feel similar to a Smear test and i think when I had my IUI procedures, I too had something similar inserted.

It didn't hurt too much but it wasn't very pleasant either but these things never are!

The key thing is to relax as much as possible, it's more uncomfortable when you are tense or clench up. Easy said than done I know but just lay back close your eyes, breathe easy and try and relax down there as much as you can.

Afterwards just put your feet up and relax if you are a little uncomfortable x

Hope it all goes ok for you xx

Hi Hun,

Glad things are moving along for you!:)

I've had some treatment on my cervix recently including a colposcopy and a some biopsies taken, and also some treatment for my ectopy/erosion.

My MIL is a nurse and she advised taking a couple of strong painkillers before the colposcopy procedure and it really helped, one appointment I forgot and I could definitely tell the difference.

Do you know if you will have a local anesthetic? On my leaflet for my ectopy treatment (cold coagulation) it said sometimes they use a local anesthetic and sometimes they don't -with me they didn't and it frickin killed!

That said the biopsies didn't hurt at all.

If you are given the option then I would have a local, but I haven't had an actual hysteroscopy, but with the experience of other cervical treatments, that's what I would do if I was to have one.

Hope that helps more than scares you:-?

Good Luck,

Maybe.

xx

Hi Maybe, thanks for advice - will deffo pop a few pain killers beforehand then. I find smear tests really painful, the pain seems to go right down my back! I hope its not as bad as that..... am a bit scared :S but hopefully will be fine. It doesn't say anything about anaesthetic but I can ask for nothing can't I ? ;) Hope everything is ok with you! x x x x x x

aww no advice for you just wanted to wish you luck and keep us informed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back