i may be further along than i thought

JULIE76

Reaction score
im new here but havent posted so much as ive been in alot of pain with an irratable uterus im 33+6 weeks and i went to the mw today and i measure 37+6 at a guess as she said the head is down but couldnt feel babys shoulders im now being sent for a growth scan next tuesday ive always measured bigger with this pregnancy but the worrying bit is 2 weeks ago the head was free now cant be felt nor the shoulders this is my third child but it is so different and i feel silly for asking this question as this happened to anyone else

So you're measuring 4 weeks ahead???

Have you had scans at 12 and 20 weeks as I would think that they would be quite accurate.

Oooo i cant offer any advice im afriad but enjoy seeing your LO again.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hazel said:
So you're measuring 4 weeks ahead???

Have you had scans at 12 and 20 weeks as I would think that they would be quite accurate.
yeah i had both scans but from 28weeks i just got bigger yeah by measurements im 4 weeks ahead i cant make it out either my mind is just a fuzzy mess i just dont know what is around the corner for me it doesnt bother me the measurements it just that the babys head and shoulders are so low down as to not feel them

Hi Julie :wave:

Some babies grow at a quicker pace so try not to worry. I'm sure your dates are correct you just have a biff! :lol: (Big baby)

If the MW was concerned I'm sure they'd sort something out ASAP for you.

On the other hand, if you go into labour earlier than "average" then the chances are super at this point :hug: x

dannii87 said:
Hi Julie :wave:

Some babies grow at a quicker pace so try not to worry. I'm sure your dates are correct you just have a biff! :lol: (Big baby)

If the MW was concerned I'm sure they'd sort something out ASAP for you.

On the other hand, if you go into labour earlier than "average" then the chances are super at this point :hug: x
i hope it isnt to big lol im only use to tiny one my first was 5lb 14oz and second was 6lb 14oz i think im worrying myself to much as the head seems to be fully engaged very early
i have everything ready to go so aleast thats one worry out the way

hey hun,

i am measuring 3cm (weeks) longer than i should be with head down (she didnt mention engaged tho :think: ) but midwife says around this time baby should of just had a growth spurt, she also said it is in the normal range up to 5 cm and that all it may mean is i may have a longer or bigger baby. she seems to think i should have evened out by the next visit but she wasnt concerned.
im sure your dates are just fine hun and that you are carrying a very healthy happy baby. you get to see your little precious bundle again!!!xxx

i think her concern is she couldnt even feel babys shoulders either and doesnt feel very big plus the irratable uterus i have is the same as contractions and the pressure down below is so painful i think she is worried that baby may be early

If it gets to the point where they seriously think there is a chance bubs will be early, I *think* they would inject steroids to mature LOs lungs and keep you in to prevent labour from happening naturally :think: But, this is my first so hopefully some Mums with experience will reply if we keep bumping this up to the top of the page! :pray: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back