They say bad luck comes in 3's

Lindsay

Reaction score
Well, we have had our 3 doses :(

On Wednesday night I went to the pics with my mum to see Mamma Mia (which was fab by the way!!) but as we got back to the car I noticed that someone had bumped it. It was like a range rover or some sort had opened the back door onto it and dented the back door. I was p****d off but thought well, we can get dentbusters out to sort it.

Yesterday, I was going shopping in town with mum while DH took Jacob to see his sister and their baby son. On the way to twon, my mobile started to ring as I was driving I asked mum to answer it - it was DH ringing to tell me that somebody had gone into the back of our main family car -I was petrified that Jacob was ok but thankfully they weren't in the car, they were parked up outside his sister's house. DH asked if I could drive over to his sister's. When we got there there were 2 police cars and a car smashed right into the back of our car and a white van in the road - it looked awful, I am so grateful that they were both out of the car. Jacob was upset because daddy's car was broken but loved to see the police car and the flashing lights!!

Last night Jacob stayed at my mum and dad's house while DH and I went out for a meal and to the pics with 2 of our friends. It was planned as a way of me celebrating finishing work. We had a lovely meal and the film was good (Hancock!) but when we got home, the post had come through the door - it musyt have been posted through the wrong door and a neighbour had put it through ours. We had a letter from the bank to say that one of our bills in the joint account had not been paid so we had incurred a £35 charge. It's really annoying beacuse we had transferred extra money across into the account but obviously not in time for the transaction to take place.

So there you have it my 3 bouts of bad luck. We are taking Jacob to the races today for family fun day, so hopefully we can choose a couple of winners and win some money!! There are loads of kiddies rides so I bet we end up spending more putting Jacob on them!!

Enjoy your sunday everyone

Xxx

You need some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Why don't you try and ring the bank and have a go and say you transfered the money over to the cover the bill, if this is the first time something like this has happened mention it and keep on in general they usually back track and let you off and give you back the £35.

This happened to my Mum. As it was the weekend the money didn't transfer across but the bank took the bill money early (bill money was due on the Saturday but banks seem to take the money early on the Friday) so she rang them up said hey you took the money early and they said yeah because weekends aren't 'working days' Mum said tough I have now incurred a fine and had a go and they back tracked and let her off. (Hope that makes sense)

Mx

I agree with moofa on the bank thing, we have done it several times :shhh:
Your poor cars, hopefully you get the insurance pretty soon from it.

GOOD LUCK at the races today!!

Poor you, I hope that's the end of your bad luck and that you win lots of money today :D

Been wondering how you're doing as not heard from you in ages.

How frustrating for you!! :wall: I'd be annoyed too, some peopel just don't understand that you should NEVER (under any circumstances) mess with a pregnant lady and her barrage of hormones!!

GRRR..

Anyway, I hope you had a lovely day! Hope you won and I hope Jacob had a great time on all the rides! :cheer: :hug: xx

Thankyou all for your kind replies :hug:

We have had a lovely day, Jacob really enjoyed himself on all the rides and he got all excited when he saw the horses :D We asked him to pick out a horse from the book and he chose us a winner - clever boy :wink:

We went for Fish and Chips to the sea front on the way home and he had a play on the sand. A good day has been had by all :D

I am going to ring the bank in the morning and see what they say, fingers crossed :pray:

Xxx

Just to let you all know that the bank have waivered the £35 charge for us :cheer: :cheer:

We have got a courtesy car to use while ours is being repaired.....a 5 door lexus, it's well smart :D

DH told me not to get too used to it cos we not having one !!

Xxx

Wahey!! All that bad luck has turned around for you then!! :cheer:

Aww bless little Jacob! Can I borrow him next time I want to place a bet?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic