The worst f***ing day of my life!

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Went to the meet in leeds yetserday I drove there with Vicky and Kacy, I borrowed my mates tom tom and still got a bit lost but got there in the end about half and hour late. Half way through the park I realsied I had left the tom tom in the car, we were too busy concentrasting on the babies who needed feeding andforgot to take it out, so we didnt walk back up the HUGE hill to the car and went to feed the babies thinkg it would be ok.

had a lovely day with everyone, went back to the car about 4.30, only to find my drivers side window smashed and the TOM TOM gone! There was a note on my seat some one had called the police for me and left a nunber to call and a ref number. so off we went to try and find the police station, sat on the floor mat as we couldnt get all the glass off my seat.

Found the police station, they were hopeless, just gave us a crime number and suggested we drive home very carefully! - we had 2 babies in the car, a smashed window and no tom tom to help us find our way home so we were basically stranded and the police were too busy to take us home!

in the end we went to Vickys mates house as the is at Uni in Leeds. Vicky OH came to get us, put cling film on the car and I followed him home, we tried to get home avoiding moterways but were goin round in circles in leeds, so in the end went on the moterway @ 50 MPH, we eventually got home at 11.30. Id had a headache all day I was aching from head to toe with, headache, backache from all the driving and my leg was aching from using the accelerator and I was soooooo tired! sorry just feeling sorry for myself!

so Im sorry to say that is the last meet I will be going to unless it is in Warrington or manchester! lol

Awwww hun, I know what you mean, I was at Leeds a few weeks back and it was an absolute nightmare. My sat nav wasnt working so I had to do without it and I drove around the same places for hours and got myself in a right state lol!

But to have that happen to the car aswell...it must be awful for you. Did they take anything else? At least you and the babies were well out of the way. I know that wont make things better but at the end of the day the tom tom can be replaced, I'm just glad it wasnt anything more serious for you.

Big hugs your way :hug:

It was my own stupid fault for leaving it in the car! But I totally forgot coz we werent using it at the end and were too busy sorting out the bbaies.

But I just said oh well shit happens and at least we were all safe and sound. Maybe it happened for a reason and if we had drove home as normal something worse could have happened!

:hug: what a nightmare. can't believe the Police didn't help more, when my car was stolen and I was stranded in Stoke with no money they said they couldn't help me. :wall:

Next meet in Manchester then :D

omg I feel so so terrible. You asked me if there was a lot of crime in Leeds and I said that Roundhay is generally a pretty safe area!

To be fair, it usually is, but omg I feel so responsible, I'm so sorry :(

hunny you weren't to know that it would of got stolen, at least we weren't in the car

They might not have dared do owt if you'd been in the car. Still, I suppose at least nobody got hurt it's true, but I still feel bad about it :(

oh god thats terrible :hug:

You must have been so stressed. You cant trust anyone or anything these days!

Least you and babies are ok, thats the main things. Hope you got a good nights sleep
xxx

:shock: Crikey what a nightmare for you, must have shaken you up, hope you are ok :hug:

arghhh to many bloody theiving pikey scum bags around these days! :evil: :evil:

quote my nan "when i was younger we would go out without locking the front door, no one ever got robbed"

These days you need to hide everything! my ex's parents car got broken into for chewing gum once :wall:

What a shame for u hun hope you're feeling abit better now :hug:
cas x

beanie said:
:hug: what a nightmare. can't believe the Police didn't help more, when my car was stolen and I was stranded in Stoke with no money they said they couldn't help me. :wall:

Next meet in Manchester then :D
I'm afraid if you left the tomtom in full view the police will have NO sympathy at all. even if you left the cradle in they will break in as they can sell them on so easily.

My hubby left his in his car on our drive, they smashed the window and toook the tom tom, it was replaced and he left the cradle in view, and they broke in a stole the tomtom from the glovebox, and left the cradle.
The people also broke in to a number of cars and stole only sav navs.

You may find your insurance won't be very sympathetic either.

hopefully it was the cheaper sav nav as the tom toms go up £400!!

Just tell the ins that it was in the glovebox.

My dad had his car broke into a the train station once, they had nothing on show but a £600 watch in the glovebox that they were taking to birmingham to be cleaned up but forgot it, got back and the car had been broken into and it had gone :shock:

And strangely the station cameras had stopped working at that time :wall: bullshi*!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back