*The Summer Activities Sticky*

Urchin

Reaction score
It's Mason's last day at school tomorrow (he finishes at 1)
I always do a lot while he's off over the Summer, but this year having Riley I may slip a bit so I wanted to make a thread where we can share ideas for stuff to do, outdoors and in, to keep us busy and make sue we get the quality time with the kids.

In the last week I have done the sea life centre, playgroup, painting, and football with Brody, and had his friends over twice and been to friends houses twice.

With Mason I have been out loads with him on his bike getting him confident again without stabilisers, and he's visited friends and came to the Sea Life centre too.

What have you been up to with the kids and what do you have planned over the Summer?

I havent really planned anything as such - nothing out of the ordinary.

We are going to see the Cbeebies at the theatre the first week in Aug with my friend and his daughter.

Doing the usual, painting, colouring it, baking, going out on her trike, going to the park or down the beach, gardening etc.

Aw i cant wait until callums old enough to do stuff!

It's life boat week here in Weymouth so later on today we are taking Summer up there.
They have live music, childrens entertainer and a life boat and rescue helicopter display where they show you what they do when they rescue some one at sea.

Picnics on the beach if the weather is good! Finn loves picking up the pebbles and gnawing on them :wall: I was going to take him in for a paddle the other day but the water was way too cold! (and boy is it hard walking up a pebbly beach, barefoot with a baby!)

Im off at the end of ths week for a fortnight :cheer:

We are3 going to stay at the caravan for a week, and have loads of stuff planned, going to the discovery ship, st andrews highland games, swimming ect.

The second week its just going to be me and Cameron, feels like years since its just the 2 off us, and it never will be again, so we are going to make most of it.

Going to park on pedalos etc. Trip on Falkirk wheel, cinema, swimming out for lunch. Im looking forward to it

Urchin, as you are quite close to us, the Worcester festival is just kicking off and there are loads of things going on including street carnivals, puppet theatres and stuff! Tomorrow my friend and I are taking our boys to the Totally Tactile exhibition which is full of big colourful sculptures that the kids can touch and climb all over, and best of all, its completely free!
The festival also has stuff for adults too including loads of live music.

http://www.worcesterfestival.co.uk/

Great thread, I was going to ask about this the other day :)

We'll just be doing the usual stuff - making cakes, painting & making stuff, going for walks with Ryan, going to the park and adventure playground. My Mum has a huge garden so we'll be down there alot :)

Josh still can't ride his bike without stabilisers so my aim is to teach him during the holidays and then once he learns I've told him I'll buy him a big boys bike :)

i was u suffolk this week with mum

we went to easton farm park , prob better for older toddlers , younger kids as more for them to do

and i finally made it to Jimmy's farm ( if anyone saw the series? ) and that was nice too

there's a couple of things i want to do at home area, viginia waters , hounslow urban farm and regents park :D

were going on holiday for 2 weeks to devon & so will be lots of nice walks and picnics for us, on weds were taking my nephew & caitlyn for a picnic & to the aviation viewing park

I'm hoping the weather stays nice so we can do things outside like seaside, park, picnics & walks :D

charlottes last day was wednesday.. everyone else finished tues..nevermind

on thursday we went swimming and then to playzone and icecream after.. yesterday we had a picnic in the garden did some glitter paintings and then had a party to go to at 4.. and she ended up sleeping over my friends house..we are going camping next weekend if the weathers nice.. i love to go out with the kids.. just b nice if alex was with us to..

We have been bowling, to the park, on saturday me and sean are taking paris & my two nephews to york dungeons then to kfc and the railway museam. Hopefully if the weather stays nice I can get the pool out, more trips to the park, sea side, soft play etc :)

My paddling pools been out for days, and we've had a very busy weekend with parties etc.

Today is a bit gloomy looking outside so far, I'm hoping it's going to brighten up so we can go somewhere when Brody wakes up.
Failing that I'm going to go to tesco and buy some pizza bases so the kids can make their own pizzas for tea. :D

Ive just had the gazebo up and the paddling pool with lots of toys out for the kids

I've just got in from an organised Bug Hunt in one of the local park/ nature centres.

The boys loved it, it was raining but we found loads of bugs and frogs and stuff, then they made their own bugs in a classroom out of yoghurt pots and loo rolls etc :D

I've booked them in for the frogs and newts one and a pond dipping one :)

Hows everyone getting on? Are you bonkers yet? :lol:

I've managed to do stuff everyday, went to the farm yesterday and the indoor play centre today... now we're in the middle of making gingerbread dinosaurs...waiting for the dough to go firm (Delia's idea not mine LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back