• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

?the success of the magic medicine

chellieboo

Reaction score
Hi everyone

have been reading a lot on here about the magic medicine and just wondered how may people thought they has been successful due to using it? :clap:

Bump! Am very interested in the outcome of this... :think:

It didn't work for me but for some very strange reason I ovulated much later this month and stopped taking the magic med before I ov'd :roll: Af arrived late too so was really confused will try better next month.

My DH has agreed to take zinc too its meant to help mobility and sex drive. he tends to loose it right near when I ov due to the pressure.

Smurf .... I had the same as you! Took the damn stuff for days and days .... and then gave up and then ovulated on CD27/28!! Nightmare!!

i voted not so far but that isn't a fair vote.. i haven't been taking it long enough, or regular but i plan to try properly next month if not successful this time without help.....take care, Happy TTC
lv Yvonne xx :hug: :hug:

it worked for me 2nd month of trying. keep persisting with it. :dance:

worked for me the first month of taking it xxx

For people it worked for...how much did you take, how often, and from when?

I'm just new on here, can anyone tell what the magic medicine is please?

Hi Tiggerstacey

the magic medicine is cough mixture that contains guaifenesin.....cough medicine for chesty coughs.

its supposed to thin the cm to make it easier for the sperm to swim. :shock:

chellieboo said:
I had one from asda it was cherry flavoured and something like 74p?
lol well anyway i took 2 teaspoons every 2hrs around ovulation time hope this helps :)

thanks Becks-again!

results look promising so far...think i'll defo continue to take it.....started taking it beginning of week!!! fingers crossed hey!

chellieboo said:
If you're taking the liquid form of Guaifenesin, take two teaspoons three times a day around the time of month you're expecting to ovulate. In any form it is encouraged that you to take it from the first day you notice any type of wetness until the day of your change in body temperature. That may be for about a week.

Just a little bit of info for girls considering taking Guaifenesin or Robitussin.....You need to know when you're approaching ovulation to take advantage of the use of either medicine as they work best on women who produce at least some CM. The only way to know that is by checking your CM.

When buying the cough medicine, you need to look for one in which Guaifenesin or Robitussin is the only active ingredient. Many cough and cold medicines contain antihistamines that also work systemically in your body but have the reverse effect. They dry up mucus and diminish wet cervical fluid. And while you're trying to get pregnant, you shouldn't expose yourself to any other drugs unnecessarily, so find a product that contains only guaifenesin and no other active ingredients, including dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) and alcohol.

Hope this helps and
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member