the pill and pregnancy

estep

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the last couple of weeks I have been nautious (sp?) everyday and very very tired (as if I could fall asleep standing up). I have been on the progesterone only pill and taking it everyday. I am also breastfeeding which adds a little extra protection I'm told. My question being, have any of you fallen pregnant on the pill or while breastfeeding. I have taken a test and it says neg. But I still feel sick everyday. My daughter is only 6 months old so if I'm pregnant I might have my hands full :D Thanks for any advice.

Not on the pill but got pregnant whilst breastfeeding. As far as I understand it the extra protection only counts if your bub is feeding regularly day and night, you co-sleep, you baby has no other food apart from boobie and most importantly your periods haven't come back! I think as soon as you get AF back your body kickstarts back into fertile mode.

I haven't had a period since getting pregnant with my dd. I am on the mini pill which the doc has informed me is less effective. My dd is on solids now so the breastfeeds are slowing down a bit. The other day I was having period cramps but nothing happening. Spoke to doc and he says its unlikely that i'm pg but it's def possible. He said that I maybe was about to get a period and I ovulated. He is going to test my blood tomorrow for my iron level. i was going to give it a couple of weeks and test again just to see if I took it too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back