The passing the time thread!!

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hello girls!!

I know for sure we all want to fast forward through tri 1 so I thought I'd make a thread for random chat to take our minds of this horrid first 12 weeks!!

So I'll start with a bit about me...

I'm 34 and a stay at home mum! (Lucky me most of the time!!)
I like shopping, the gym, cooking and going out for dinner.

Holidays are usually in Ibiza where I got married, been with hubby 15 years!

I've been to two playgroups today and tomorrow have a child free day! Scan in the morning and lunch with my mate afterwards.

My mate is having twins on Friday, we don't know what they are yet but I'm voting boy/girl!

I've just bought her two of these!

Baked potatoes for tea! I love them when Preggo!! Don't even make them when I'm not!! Cheese, beans, coleslaw and salad cream!!

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi I'm 30 been with hubby 14 years baby is due a few days before our 1st wedding anniversary.

I have one child a little boy who is 7. 4 unsuccessful pregnancies and then this one.

I am suffering really bad nausea and sickness this time round. I'm on plain pasta.

So I'm hoping to sleep through tri 1 wake up with a bump and a baby kicking away and hope fully no nausea....

That would be so good!!

My little boy loves plain pasta with butter on, it might be nice for you if you like butter!

What tablets are you on btw?

I'm going to get some as I've Charlie's b day party next weekend and I'm still hush hush to most of my friends and family.

Xx

maybe those are super cute where did you get them from? I like browsing at stuff...

I'm 34 and if all goes well will be 35 when little one is born so pretty old for a first timer according to all the medical people! I'm due the same week as our 6th wedding anniversary.

I work on a dairy farm and as a hobby I have two horses.

I'm starving so I think I've got your appetite Eryinera! I really fancy mac cheese so I may treat myself tonight.

Lol I managed 4 pieces of pasta. I'm on cyclizine. It helps but i still threw up today lol

Not sure if this looks yummy or yucky!!

Tastes great though!! 👍🏻

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 31
This is a great idea.
I am 33, been with OH for a 6 and a half years. I have a 14 year old son from previous relationship.
I love shopping too, reading when I get time and chilling with my OH.

I am suffering terribly with sickness, am nauseous 24/7, even with the tabs. Still being sick at times too. Been signed off work until Monday and suspect I will need more time xx

Hello I'm Jade,
I met my husband nearly 11 years ago, we've been married 5 and a half years. I fell pregnant the first month of knowing him, with our first son he's 10 next week. I was 16 he was 26. I had my second son at 19. I got married at 21, found out I was pregnant the day after. We had a little girl and she was our last. I had our 4th last August another boy, he was a surprise but I wouldn't change anything. At the same time I went on maternity we got made redundant from work. I've just started as a nursery nurse in February as an apprentice.
Then I got the shock of my life when I went to have the rod fitted and they told me I was pg two weeks ago. Number 5! What!!!
We will be team yellow again no doubt xx

Fab idea, Maybe!

I'm 30, a childminder/Nanny studying to be an Early Years Educator so can hopefully open my own Pre-school one day :)

Been with hubby for 11 years, married for 6. We've got two kids, my girly has recently turned 5 and my lad will be 3 in 2 weeks :) I'll be 31 when this little monkey makes an appearance.

I love reading, cooking, baking and love being at home with the kids every day but I am tired ALL THE TIME.

This is my easiest pregnancy so far, I feel great most of the time but the tiredness pounds me at various points. I'm also enjoying a lovely bout of acne... had the same with my daughter, but so far this is my easiest pregnancy :)

Ahh nice to hear a bit about everyone welcome to the newbies and to the oldies I know already I'm looking forward to sharing this pregnancy with you and hope we have a happy and healthy escape from tri 1!!

I'm really naughty and eat all the banned foods! I miss my wine when Preggo so I make up with yummy food!!

Xx

I'm 30, 2 boys nearly 4 and 8, a step daughter who is nearly 4 and this one on the way :) I'm a pre school teacher but setting up as a childminder!

feel sick most of the time, tired and look 4 months pregnant other than that it's OK lol had a bleed at the weekend so got a follow up scan next week!

I'm 29 and married for six years on Sunday!

Have a step son who is 11 and my son who is four.

I've had three losses so hoping pregnancy number gives me a rainbow. I'm feeling quite nauseous with this one that's for sure!

I work in an animal rescue centre and have done for the last 12 years.

I just want to sleep through tri one and wake up in tri two all glowing and bumpy!! Lol!!

XX

What a great thread. I would also like to wake up in tri 2 tomorrow...

I'm Betty, 32, nearly 6 weeks pregnant with what will be my first after a mmc earlier this year.

My partner and I live in the middle of a forest in an old church. We have a springer puppy. He's a contract manager and works away a lot. I have my own business and work from home.

We're engaged and hope to have the wedding in Aug 2018. We're very happy to be pregnant!

Last time I was pregnant I felt sick as a dog and ever so stressed. This time I feel quite chilled and only have mild symptoms so far. Oh wants to employ an independant midwife and I want a home birth, but we are a 40 min drive from the nearest hospital so not sure what I'll decide in the end if I get there.

So lovely to read a bit about everyone else. Happy and healthy 9 months to you all, and a speedy tri 1! Xx

I'm 34 and have been with my partner for 6 1/2 years. We started trying for baby no.1 last October and we got engaged in Washington DC in April - the trip was a complete surprise and I only knew where we were going when we got to the airport.

I work in HR for the NHS and am studying to be a solicitor in my own time.

I found out I was pregnant the day I arrived back from a 10 day holiday to Ibiza! I'd felt very bloated on holiday, so the idea that I could be pregnant was niggling away in the background.

I'm 7 weeks today and starting to feel pretty queasy in the mornings and then at random times during the day, so the idea of waking up in tri 2 seems pretty appealing at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm 34 and have been with my wife for 9 years and married for 3 years. We only decided that I would try this Aug, and some how the stats didn't matter and I managed to become pregnant first try. I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.

I'm a secondary teacher and this is the longest term ever. The first half-term of the year is always a little difficult as everyone settles, but waiting to get through the 1st trimester is slowing it down even more. I find myself exhausted by 3PM. I work with challenging kids that have been referred to us after manage moves fail, so it's more emotionally taxing than when I was teaching in mainstream. I really do just want to lie down and sleep for the last period.

I have to eat regularly. I get queasy if I don't. I'm actually a very healthy eater, and I feel like my temperamental stomach has ruined my diet a little. I am managing to continue with CrossFit. I actually find the workouts help with my nausea, but I do have to have a snack on me to eat as soon as I finish. I'm really getting tired of snacking on crackers.

Can't wait for the end of Oct!

Good to hear everyone's stories!

Any newbies want to add anything?

Xx

Last edited:
Hi im 30. And have been with my husband for 7 years we have 3 children already youngest is 3 and I'm now 7 weeks pg with #4. I'm feeling so sick all the time finding it really hard at the min. Just had an early scan yesterday and saw my baby bean and little heartbeat for the first time. Just wish I could fast forward over this sickness x

So how did we all meet our significant others?
I had a bit of a soppy story lol. I was starting college and I had a long way to travel so I ended up going early and being allowed to go in the orientation group before the one I was scheduled to go into.
Hubby noticed me walk in the room straight away but I was just struck by the amount of strangers. Half way through I was regretting my choice as everyone seemed to be of a different clique to me I was goth/rock and they were... well they were all scallys lol. I was in the last room and feeling totally bummed our when I saw the hands of the boy behind me he was wearing silver rings not gold sovereigns. I managed to catch a glimpse and was like mmm tasty we got talking 5 days later we kissed 7 days later we were dating and that was 14 years ago lol.

We met in a pub. He was an old school friend of my cousins partner and they even lived on the same Street as children. We all became good friends and he had a thing for me. I didn't see him that way and was happy as friends. We got on so well, both got into a disastrous relationship (with other people) and split with them around the same time. Somehow, I started to see him differently and soon fell in love with him. We have been together 6 and a half years and he really is my best friend xx

Last edited:
I met my OH online. I had just finished uni and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I was bored that summer, working to pass the time as I tried to figure out my next move. I had been on a website where I was writing emails to a few people stationed abroad. I decided to have a look at other people on the site and sent an email asking how the weather was over there. I was still living in the US (NC) and my OH was living in Dublin at the time. We spent the summer chatting online. I had mentioned several times that I wanted to visit Ireland and the UK and was looking at postgrad over there when she offered her couch. Little did she know I would book a flight and be there in a two short months. We hit it off right away. I actually met her parents the third week I was there. I spent the next few years doing a job I hated because it gave me a visa to remain with her in Ireland. But soon enough I quite and we moved to England for me to retrain and for her to start looking for new and better opportunities. It hasn't always been easy with the visa situation, but 9 years later we are happily married and settled, currently looking to buy our first flat with our first baby on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back