The most romantic thing...

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
your OH has ever done?

About 18 months ago I was going to go out to Cyprus, where my grandad lives, and work in a bar for a bit. I'd only been with Jon for about 3 months and we weren't that serious about each other. He offered to give me a lift to the airport; then locked me in the car and told me he couldn't let me go. I was majorly pissed off, until he dropped me at the airport and handed me a picture of us together and told me to go before I missed my plane.

I stormed off in a bit of a panic because I was already 5 minutes late to check in. As I queing to check in (there was still a load of people there so I wasn't as late as I thought :roll: ) I looked at the back of the photo and he'd written "I'll love you forever; wherever you are. Don't forget me- I'm the bloke with the broken heart. xxx"

I turned around and walked out of the airport. He was sitting in his car, right where I'd left him bawling his eyes out.

:rotfl: Since then he's not been romantic at all; but I know he loves me. And the photo is on our fridge :wink:

aww!!

i made a post in relationships about romantic OH's! Check that out

Most romantic thing i my OH has done is about 3 years ago, for Valentines Day, he booked the night off work. As i came in from work he told me to get ready to go out as we were leaving very soon. He took me into town and we sat in market place, in the car, with a bag of chips! Thats it! Lol

awww thats mega romantic darling, my OH isnt as romantic at all... but then it depends what you class as romantic, the first time he told me he loved me did it for me as hes the type of person he doesnt do emotion very well we had had a fight and I was going to go home (i used to live 40 miles away and only seen him at weekends at the start) and he was asking me not to go and I said give me one reason not to (i was in a mood and it wasnt meant) and he said I love you, that was it, he alway said he wouldnt say it till he meant it so it meant the world to me....

My hubby is quite romantic in general but this is the one that stands out for me. One night we were in our room having a drink or two and watching tv and he suggested we go down to the beach (we lived right beside it at the time). It was really dark and cold so he collected loads of wood and lit a fire. We sat infront of fire chatting and laughing then he all of a sudden started telling me how much he loved me and wanted to spend his life with me before getting on one knee and producing an engagement ring. It was really romantic and I of course said yes! :D

He still does romantic things to this day, he leaves me little notes around the house saying he loves me :wink:

My dh used to be really romantic, he'd get flowers made up for me every week and delivered. The most romantic thing I think he's done was when our son was born, he came to the hosptial the day after with a little box. I was feeling really rough and a bit out of it so didn't think much of it when he handed it to me. When I opened it, it was a gorgeous eternity ring with the exact matching stones to my engagement ring. It's beautiful! I really wasn't expecting that, thought an eternity ring would be the last thing on his mind but he did so well and I'll never forget that :D He's not so romantic anymore though :lol:

Mine has to be at our engagement party. Our song has always been "Leaving on a Jet Plane" as he always sang it to me when we went to the airport for him going offshore. At our engaement party he got a chair in the middle of the dance floor and sat me down and started singing it to me in front of everyone.... but they had pre-planned it with some of our mates so all the guys joined in at different parts doing all the harmonies......... awwwwwwwwww, I still cry when I hear that song.

midna said:
Married me on an online game :roll: ..even the ring was crappy ..it didnt have any special powers just a bog standard ring for noobs. *sigh*
me too.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My DH tries and plans loads of romantic things but poor thing something always thwarts him and he gets so upset... bless him... makes me really love him just for the efforts he makes.... :rotfl:

i really cant think of anything, gosh thats bad! lol there should be at least one thing in the last 6 years! might just be pregnancy brain playing up again! keep them coming though i want to give OH some ideas haha

midna said:
Married me on an online game :roll: ..even the ring was crappy ..it didnt have any special powers just a bog standard ring for noobs. *sigh*
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats the funniest thing i'v read on here for ages!

When i was at uni OH stayed up all night with me helping by cutting threads off my garments i had made and cutting and sticking stuff. When i had handed it all in and uni was totally over he cooked me a suprise meal and bought me flowers and a card to say well done and he was proud of me and had bought me Spice girls stuff (that i collect) and wrapped it all up :)

Hasnt done anything since tho lol and that was 2 years ago! :rotfl:

My DH arranged for me to have time off work without telling me & took me to Paris for a few days, he proposed at the top of the Eiffel Tower too!

His wedding speech was really romantic too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back