• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Googlewhack Challenge!

LauraB

Reaction score
Right, here's one for next time you're bored :lol: ....... what you need to do is find two words that return just one single solitary result in Google. Not as easy as it might sound!

1) Go to google.com (it has to be .com, you cannot use the co.uk site!).

2) Choose two words, both of which must be real words AND also be listed at dictionary.com.

3) Type your chosen two words into the search box at Google and press 'search'. Do not include quotation marks or any other punctuation, such as hyphens.

4) On the results page you will see something similar to "Results 1 - 10 of about 524. However, if your two search terms bring back just ONE result, then you have successfully Googlewhacked! Obviously the fewer the results, the better you are getting!

If you can't manage to get a true Googlewhack (just one result returned) then still let us know how you did ... just post below with your two words, and how many results were returned, and let's see who manages to get the lowest number of results!

But surely if you DO manage a googlewhack and then post those words here, then it will no longer be a googlewhack, because those 2 words will now appear on 2 web pages!

In the past I have found a few googlewhacks, but I'm afraid I can't remember what any of them were!! :roll:

Argh I drove myself mad with this once.

Has anyone read the book? It's great!

I'll try and find one in a bit.

do hyphenated words count?

1 result for antidisestablishment biopics -
but dictionary.com says it's anti-disestablishment biopics - still only one result for that though :D I NEED A LIFE

tracyM said:
do hyphenated words count?

1 result for antidisestablishment biopics -
but dictionary.com says it's anti-disestablishment biopics - still only one result for that though :D I NEED A LIFE

I don't think so you need 2 words to be underlined in the top right definitions bit, and with the hyphen it makes it 3 words.

It's strange I've had plenty in the past but can't think of them now!

Hard one.

Sue

Has anyone seen the film? I strongly say 'watch it' :lol:

had a short try and stopped at

kiln stoat

Results 1 - 10 of about 639 for kiln stoat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back