The Chat Room is currently unavailable *FIXED!!*

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Testing' started by LauraB, Feb 23, 2006.

1. LauraB

LauraB Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

Just a note to update you all on the current problem with the chat room. I know that some of you have mentioned this over the last few days, and so I have created this topic so that you are all up to date.

I upgraded the forum software a few days ago for security reasons, but unfortunately integrating the chat room software back with the forum software has not gone smoothly (this enables one username/password to be used for both systems).

A fix is planned over the next few days, and I will update this topic once the matter is resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the down-time.

Best wishes,
    Laura B

2. LauraB

LauraB Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I finally got chance to fix the chat room, and it is now running fine. We've even got the very latest sparkly-new version as well, with plenty of bug-fixes and lots of new smileys - apparently the previous bug we had (smiley-mania) has now been fixed as well ...hmmm, we will see ......!!

Just click on the 'Chat Room' link above to log in - you should get straight in without having to enter your username and password. Oh and finally, do make sure you have the latest version of Flash on your PC - you can get that free by visiting Macromedia's website here.

Please also see this new topic which I created as a result of a few people mentioning that the chat room is often empty when they go in. I hope it helps!

Have fun!

Best wishes,
    Laura B