• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the birth of alexa jayde 25/02/08@ 12.45am

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
Hi all.

Only now getting chance to post my birth story, and princess is a week old today!!

Id been in hosp for two days as i had lost water and was waitin for it all to kick off. i was left on a ward from fri afternoon and by sat night i was anxious about risk of infection due to losing water. i was assured that i would be started off soon but every time a bed was available on main delivery, somebody would come in and take it.

sat evening at 10pm i pulled my curtain round the bed and cried, worried about the baby and also nervous where id had so much time to think about it. A head popped around the curtain and said it was time to get my stuff together and go down... i was so happy. i rang lee to make his way down.

they took me to main delivery which i have to say was quite posh, they recently opened a new state of the art delivery suite and it was all very high tech in there. the midwife was awesome really cool and friendly making me laugh as she examined me, As it turned out my waters were still intct i had just lost hind waters so she had to pop them. She struggled and said the bag must have been made out of rhino skin, eventually they popped and was all warm!!

Lee arrived and she put a drip in my hand of sytocin. Three mins later i had a pain, midwife said it prob was nothing as would take longer to work. then, another pain??? They started to come thick and fast, ten minutes later i was struggling so she gave me gas an air. The midwife left the room and between breaths i asked Lee how far apart they were, he scared me when he said "leanne they are one minute apart"

Midwife came back in and lee told her they were one min apart al;ready, she didnt believe us but then watched as i had one every 60 seconds. She then said "this will be a quick one"

i remember saying that the gas and air wasnt working as i could feel every pain strongly so she gave me pethidine. i remember having a few tears out of nerves, lee was great supporting me though. i said to lee theyre fobbing me off with all this stuff, none of its working!! then wham! the pethidinee hit me and i felt lush. Im not sure what i meant but i shouted to Lee " this feels just like a saturday night!!" she must have thought we were junkies!

One wave of pain rode over me and she said this was as close as they got. she examined me and said when your ready you can push. i pushed a few times but then could smell something, i cried "oh no ive pooed havent i?" she was great and said hardly anything love! mortifying!

A few pushes later and she called daddy to see babys head crowning, i stopped him coz i was too frightened to let go of his arm next to me but also as i told him "no, coz ive toileted!"

as it turned out we could see baby clearly coz she was born "face to pubes" (looking upwards towards my belly so we could see her face not back of hair)

she slthered out and was placed on my belly, she was chesty and i remember panicking thinking she wasnt breathing. as i was shaky i asked that she was passed to lee as i didnt feel safe holding her. daddy had skin to skin contact with her, and my mum showered me.

all in all it was very quick, but so quick initially that it was quite intense and i didnt have time to prepare for contractions. Thank god i didnt have retained placenta like last time so i was thrilled. baby weighed 8lb 6oz so not the 10.5lbs theyd scared me with!!

from the time they broke my waters and put in drip, it took 2hrs and 20 mins. when your off your head on gas and air/pethidine it felt like 20 mins!!

we love her so much and it feels like weve had her forever, cant believe shes a week old today.

for those that havent seen the million pics i put in tri three, here she is....

(bit puffy at 12mins old)

(me with her 1 day old going home)

(my angel)

Awww congratulations, she is lovely. Lovely pics :)

she's so beautiful honey - well done :) :hug: :hug:

sounds like you had more fun on pethidine than i did!!! hehe xx

Lol i was of my trolley on pethidine to, great stuff! :D

Im from South Wales to, any chance your little one was born in Abergavenny? They were great with me, was there a week in totally :( long labour...

Anyway congratulations!

Brilliant...so glad you birthed your wee beauty safely and soundly......and that your water hadn't gone... :roll: what are they like

big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back