Testing too early

jandvhunt

Reaction score
Does anybody else think that the availability of pregnancy tests which claim to give you a positive result as early as 5 days before AF actually make this whole process a lot harder?

If you get a positive result early then that's great. But I didn't get a positive at all until yesterday and that was from a Tesco test, not an early tester. In the old days you had to wait until your period was due and then you had a good chance of an accurate result.

I got so downhearted earlier this week when I had all the symptoms but the test said no.

I just wondered how everybody else felt about it?? It's agony enough without having a carrot dangled infront of you isn't it!

The worst thing about testing too early is chemical pregnancies. I wish i didnt know i had one, It just adds to the worry when you get another BFP!

I agree with Jenna, had a chemical pregnancy last month :cry: , theres nothing worse than getting all excited only for it not to stick early on...its estimated that 40-50% of all fertilised eggs end in a chemical pregnancy,

I for one will only test after AF is due from now on

i have to say I agree.. the more cynical side of me thinks its a great marketing ploy to get you to spend more money!!

So when did you realise you had chemical pregnancies? Sounds awful, and the early tests certainly don't help that at all. Did you get symptoms with the chemical pregnancies?

I have had lots of symptoms this month, otherwise I wouldn't have been so convinved that the early bfn's were probably wrong. They really got me confused and p*ssed off! :x If I'd had to wait to test until my AF date that wouldn't have happened, and who can say they aren't tempted to do a test if there's a chance of pregnany, hardly any of us!

So sorry to hear of your disappointment :(

This is why Im scared to test too early on and always wait till AF is late. Though now im temping im relying more on that to tell me if im preggers or not and its much more reliable in my opinion :D

jandvhunt said:
So when did you realise you had chemical pregnancies? Sounds awful, and the early tests certainly don't help that at all. Did you get symptoms with the chemical pregnancies?

I had mine in january. I had some symptoms. Like dizzyness, feeling sick and sore boobs. I tested before AF was due because i felt rubbish and did it as kind of a laugh...wasnt laughing a few days later though. I would have been better off not knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back