Terrified

suzie24

Reaction score
Hi ladies. In February I had an ectopic pregnancy and I was devastated. I have just found out I'm pregnant again and I'm terrified that it will be ectopic again. I'm about 4.5 weeks and nobody seems to have any urgency about checking my hcg levels. I was told I'd need a scan at 6 weeks but the hospital won't see me without a referral and the midwife can't fit me in until I will be over 7 weeks pregnant. Just looking for a little bit of advice or support really. Thank you xx

I don't know what to advise you but I just wanted to say I'm sorry about your loss and how scary it must be for you now. I believe the majority of women who have an ectopic pregnancy go on to have a normal health pregnancy the next time, but it's natural to be concerned. Would having your hCG levels checked by a private doctor be an option? Does the midwife know your situation? I'm not exactly sure how the system works Maybe you could explain to/bother her or your GP and be fit in earlier.

sorry for ur loss,i think maybe if u post in pregnant after a loss u may get more response but i would just like to say pop along to ur docs n maybe he can refer u to epu and i think its a disgrace they wont see u without a referel the nhs is realy going down the pan in my eyes recently gd luck hope all goes well for you this time xx

your gp can do hcg bloods - go and ask them... pick a nice sympathetic female gp!

having gone through the ectopic thing i understand how you must feel. Fx for you this is a better outcome.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. I started bleeding slightly on Tuesday so I was referred to the early pregnancy unit. They took blood (my hcg was 540) and they thought they could possibly see a sac on the internal scan. I'm keeping everything crossed but still not getting my hopes up. I'm 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back