Tender & Bloated 5 weeks after C section

luckylucky

Reaction score
My baby is 5 weeks on saturday and up until about a week ago i felt great. but now my lower abdomen feels tender and bloated.
I thought this would be the pill causing me to bloat and causing the tenderness.

Has this happened to anyone?

I also still have to inject myself with blood thinners and now the injections have started stinging when i inject in my tummy area.

Not really sure whats going on, I rang Nhs line and they told me to go to the walk in but its to much hastle taking baby all way there i know hell not settle.
So will ring my doctor in the morning.

Just wanted to know if anyone experienced this tenderness later on after a c section. I thought maybe it could be that i am now getting feeling back in the area as it has been numb for a while.

How did u get on with your GP? Certainly worth contacting them if u haven't already. I am also 5 wks after section and still very tender to touch between belly button and scar.

I have had antibiotics at 2 wks after section for uterine infection.

Are you having bowel movements? If not could this be making u bloated?

Give GP a call anyway- best to get checked xx

I had section 5 weeks Wednesday and I'm still tender above scar and it's also kind of numb. The hv said it's the internal healing and although it seems healed outside the inside is still healing as major operation. Told me to mention to gp at 6 week check but not to worry . I've also had antibiotics due to urine infection. Funny thing is I managed to escape stretch marks on my tummy all the way through and would you believe I've got a patch above scar which according to midwife is from the pulling during the section and that's really sore!

I had a c section and the tenderness lasted for a good 5 months with me, they say its takes a year to be back to 'normal' I couldn't kneel or cross my legs for ages either as they ached and hurt after the spinal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back