• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

temp at nightime

keli

Reaction score
My bedroom can go as low as 11c in the night... what do you do?.. do you heat bedroom to the right temp for baby 17/18c or just make sure baby is warm? Coopers in with me so hes got his vest and babygrow on and is covered with the quilt. Sometimes i put him in a 1tog sleepsuit but he feels to warm in that. I think hes ok but just wondered what everyone else does? :)

I have noticed that Calleighs room has dropped to about 15 on the cold nights. I put her to bed in a vest, sleepsuit and her 2.5 tog bag which is fine for her.

My heating system is stupidly old so its hard to control the temperature via that so it gets switched off at night.

We control the room temp overnight and ensure it doesn't drop below 17C atm. LO is in a sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleeping bag. We find it pretty easy to do and have a low background heat overnight is all. No fuss and the coldest its gone down to is 16C.

Its to do with SIDS they advise the room temp to be around 18C for sleeping. I'd personally say 11C is too cold for a baby, but then others may disagree.

I thought you were not supposed to use your own quilt to cover baby with when co sleeping. Adult duvet togs are far higher than baby ones and can overheat babies (so the lit etc tells it) I always have Galen on top of the quilt in his sleepsuit and bag. His head is about level with my boob :lol: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back