Telling Work

Beeble

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok so I am very early on in pregnancy and I feel that I need to tell my work as they do ask a lot of me and I want this pregnancy to be healthy so need the risk assessments done asap.

I went to the directgov website and they have a standard maternity letter which is great but it includes the dates I want to start maternity etc

I have not given this too much thought yet as I want to get past the first 3 months and make sure everything is healthy so don't feel that letter is appropriate - plus work have removed the folder with all the family friendly policies from the service so I don't have easy access to what I am entitled to :(

I feel that if I tell them verbally they will make an excuse to get rid of me so it needs to be in writing. Does anyone know how best to word it without going too much into the details of maternity leave etc

I am so confused, have not even seen the doc yet and there is so much to do :( x

I would keep it short and sweet. Just a couple of lines advising them you are pregnant, your rough due date (say mid-Jan or whatever, as this may change at scans) and requesting a risk assessment for work.

Can you not just cut the irrelevant bits out of the direct.gov letter?

Don't be pressured into stating your intentions re mat leave etc. you have weeks before you need to do this and as you've said you need to see their policies first.

Last edited:
^^^ wss ^^^

I pretty much just said I was pregnant and how far along I was, and asked for a risk assessment with both my store and my manager (i worked on a concessions stand) i also informed them of any up-and-coming appointments as you are LEGALLY aloud time off for these (so no wasting holiday ect)

hope it all goes ok x

Thanks guys, I have informed my manager and senior now by letter. They seem to be ok with it so far so hopefully that is a good thing. No intention of going back to work there after maternity though, going to work in my dads business so I can get flexibility with child care etc...none of the rubbish I get now with stage one sicknesses and last minute shift changes! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back