Template letters for employers about due date+maternity?

Miss.Monroe

Reaction score
i need to give my letter into work on the 20th April with regards to my due date and when i want to take maternity leave and about my maternity pay.

I want to make this letter as professional as possible so that they dont muck me about, i mentioned it to my boss yesturday and that i will be cutting my hours down soon as its getting harder standing on my feet for 8 hours a day. he wasnt very happy... :shakehead:

however i am still kind of confused and i dont want to miss out on anything im entitled to or not get given the right payments etc.

Long story short, i was wondering if there are links to template letters i can use with regards to this matter. i am searching online. havent found any yet.

how did you word yours, what did you say?

thanks for your help

Mine was very short and sweet, along the lines of

Dear .....

I am writing to give you notice of the start date of my intended maternity leave. I hope to be able to start my leave on ............ .

I have my MAT B1 form and shall be sending that off so as to be up to date with my maternity leave application and monies that will be paid to me during my maternity leave.

(NB If you have any holiday leave left to take include here when you want to take it - many usually take it in the last few weeks before their maternity leave kicks in, but it depends on you really)

Hoping to have informed you correctly.

Signed......

IIRC you don't have to tell them how long you plan to take off, nor when you return. You can do that later. Check the Gov website for the ins and outs on that. Loads of links to it via the sticky section somewhere and threads in this section.

With regards to how much you are going to get, I am not sure how the claiming works etc as thats a different thing altogether. You'll need to look into that.

thank you for that. yeah i have 9 hours holiday, im not sure when we get this years holiday it should come into effect sometime this month shouldnt it??

i told my boss i will be cutting down my hours soon as its really starting to wear me out standing and he tried to make me feel guilty. my contract hours are only 4 so he will just have to deal with that!

thank you for your reply.

holiday usually runs from apr 1st to march 31st each yr but can vary

If you don't want to reduce your hours but can't stand then get them to sort that out - they have a legal obligation to you.
Here's something like I think you are looking for:

Name
Address
Date

Dear (Name of Boss),

Further to our conversation of (date of conversation), I am writing to inform (the place that you work) that I am pregnant. My due date is the (enter due date). It is my provisional intention to commence maternity leave on (enter date you want to start maternity leave). I would like to discuss maternity leave and maternity pay with (the bursar/HR department/payroll) before confirming my decision.

I request a risk assessment of my job as I have concerns.

Other than the staff room, there is no seating available to me at work. I request that I am given a suitable supportive chair for use during the working day as I believe fatigue is impacting my work.

Yours sincerely,

kalia said:
If you don't want to reduce your hours but can't stand then get them to sort that out - they have a legal obligation to you.
Here's something like I think you are looking for:

Name
Address
Date

Dear (Name of Boss),

Further to our conversation of (date of conversation), I am writing to inform (the place that you work) that I am pregnant. My due date is the (enter due date). It is my provisional intention to commence maternity leave on (enter date you want to start maternity leave). I would like to discuss maternity leave and maternity pay with (the bursar/HR department/payroll) before confirming my decision.

I request a risk assessment of my job as I have concerns.

Other than the staff room, there is no seating available to me at work. I request that I am given a suitable supportive chair for use during the working day as I believe fatigue is impacting my work.

Yours sincerely,

Oooo purdy. Nice legal sounding stuff :lol: Scare their asses a bit :wink:

yeah it definatly will, honestly my boss is so incompentant, i have no idea how he became the boss. he doesnt have a clue about maternity pay/leave

thank for your replies... :D

no your not! im just perfecting the letter now, so im going to have a look right now. thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back