• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

telling people

satch

Reaction score
I was wondering what firstt tri-ers are doing about telling people the news. People say that they don't normally make it general knowledge until the 12 week scan, but looking at the tummy pics some of those bumps definitely look difficult to hide! How can you "hide" it?

I've just been wearing fleeces or loose fitting clothes which isn't unusual for me and its still quite cold here. I'm not showing a baby bump because its way to early but I'm definitely bloated. I'm going to try hard not to tell anyone until I have my first scan which I'm hoping I'll have before I go away on holiday.

Its really difficult though and feels like its a million miles away. :(

i've ended up telling more people then i had intended too :oops: people just keep asking me and i cant lie. The 12 weeks seem so far away

OH and I got BFP at about 6 weeks and told our parents at 8 weeks (although thought we were 10 weeks at the time based on LMP) My mum couldn't contain her excitement and told most other family members after our scan at 9-10 weeks, but I've not told anybody else personally yet except one close friend.

Got 12 week scan tomorrow, so hopefully if all is well then I'll ready to tell other friends and colleagues. I'm a bit bloated round the middle but not noticeable to anyone yet, they probably just think I've been enjoying one too many pies!

It's entirely up to you when to tell folk, most say they wait til 12 weeks as the likelyhood of miscarriage is drops then but just whenever you feel ready.

All the best,

Sarah x

Told our parents last week (I was 10 weeks) and I told my boss at 9 weeks as I've only been with my work 5 months and felt I should tell him ASAP. All friends now know and mum's been filling family members in.
When I first found out, I couldn't wait to tell people!!

Well i've pretty much told everyone. I figured that if something is going to happen then it will. Telling people really isnt going to change that. I had a private scan at 8 weeks but will be able to relax a bit more once ive had my next scan in 3 weeks.

Claire x

I have told people that need to know lol!
All my family know! My close friends etc! Random people that I rarely see I havent told hee hee thats about it though!! haha

I want to tell my mum & sister but in doing so would manage to tell everyone I know (they're both huge gossips!) so I haven't told anyone. I would like to start telling in the next couple of weeks but OH's not sure at the mo so I'm respecting his feelings for now. I have a feeling I'll start showing fairly early with this one (at least so my mum & sister will guess) and I'm already bloated so just have to wait & see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back