• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething pain?

nefisher

Reaction score
We had a bit of a bad night last night. The previous night she had been restless in bed and yesterday she was really grumpy, not having her usual daytime naps, dribbling, crying and eating her fist. I thought it was teething and gave her some powders and a bit of calpol. Then last night she was screaming the house down and was inconsolable. Is this usual for teething? I've read that they are meant to get grizzly but nothing about crying and screaming the house down. No tooth is showing, but I'm assuming this in normal as there is probably movement in her gums?

You had exactly the same night as we did last night with Nathan.
He is really grumpy in the day, hand permantly in his mouth along with anything else he can get in, ear pulling etc, but last night was awful, he was restless on and off until about 3 in the morning and then he was heartbroken and we couldnt settle him for hours which is unlike him. Ive heard that the teething process takes months, i hope it hurrys up i hate seeing him in so much discomfort.

Teething is very hard for them :hug:
I find Bonjela really helps Isaac, whereas others didn't seem to, and recently used Nurofen for his cold after his immunisations, which seemed to help a great deal so that's another medicated option :hug:
It can last for months, and teeth can take as long so just try whatever you feel might help and you will find things that work to ease the pain, Isaac loves chewing on my finger, there are toys you can buy as teethers too but I found Isaac's only recently taken to them.
Very best wishes :hug:

my baby is 2months old and we think shes teething. crying and always chewing her fist or fingers.

it may be teething, as babies can start this any time (my hv said some babies are born with teeth! :shock: )

is it all day or just evenings? coz when melissa became screamy in the evenings, we thought it was teething but it wasnt (even tho she has the other symptoms)- it was just her telling us she needed a bed-time routine. she's been happy again since we started the routine. x

yep nay is going though the same thing, she not a happy bunny, she's teeting, i resreach on it last night and she has them all.

rashes, runny nose. i feel bad beause i can't do anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back