• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

teething and feeding question

Sage

Reaction score
Im pretty sure my son is teething. He'll shout really loud then dive at you to bite you! if i then put my finger in his mouth he gums it to death as apose to him normally sucking it. Hes also dribbling alot and chewing on everything.

For the last 5 days every bottle he's had he's twitched on and wriggled until hes given up and wont take the bottle. I know for a fact its not wind could it be due to teething? :think: He just seems really uncomfortable every feed. He doesnt cry but somethings definately bothering him :(

The problem im having is hes only taking 3 or 4oz at a time and giving up because of the twitching but hes still hungry.

Hes 18 weeks so do you think i should top 1 or 2 of his feeds up with a bit of baby rice? I really dont want to fully wean him yet since hes not a hungry baby, and before this twitching he was doing fine on milk but because of this im worried hes not getting enough milk?! aaaaahh! why dont babies come with instruction manuals!!! :wall:

It sounds like he is teething yes, which can make them irritable and fussy :hug: :hug: :hug: Just make sure he has lots of thing to chew on, cold things work well and many Mummy's have had success with amber teething necklaces too.

As for his bottles, could it be he needs a faster flow teat now? Don't know what he's on but if he's getting fed up with the bottle and its not wind etc could be he wants it faster and the teats too tight. I'd try that before baby rice personally but you know your son, I don't :hug: And always see your HV for a professional opinion if you're unsure too, but generally Mummy knows best anyway, hope his teething calms down for you both, very soon, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww hes really unhappy :cry: i wanted to go see the HV to check for sure that its teething but typically shes away this week and theres no replacement! :roll:

I always thought the bottom teeth come through first but its the top gum thats red? Ive tried the water toys that you put in the fridge and teething rings but hes not interested at all! all he wants to do is have cuddles. he only moves if he gets the urge to bite me!

Yeh i really dont want to wean him yet. Its quiet confusing with the teat situation. i use advent bottles but with tesco medium flow teats! i find the advent teats are crap! just make tons of bubbles! I tried him on the 3month + teats and they were awful! I might change his bottles?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back