teething and diarrea.. update :(

sarafet

Reaction score
is this normal??

aiden started having diarrea yesterday evening, and it's been awful today, he's had it about 7 times :( this is the first time he's ever had it :(

he seems himself though, playing and smiling etc.. my mum said it could be teething related?

when should i start to be concerned?

just as i was writing that he woke up :( that's totally not like him :( he was crying and unsettled, OH's settled him and he's back to sleep again now..

When they have diahrrea its good to keep their fluid levels up. If he still has it by tomorrow i would go and see your GP. Hope he's feeling better soon :hug:

thanks hun :hug:

he's been up another twice, no diarrea but he's grumpy and wanting a cuddle :( i've just put him back down and i think he's asleep again. think this may be a long night :(

It could be. Galen did loads of poos, even at night when he first started teething. And he'd not pooed at night for weeks at that point.

So long as he is hydrated tonight, see how he is tomorrow. If still pooing and not taking water then maybe a trip to the GP is the way to go.

morning ladies!

well last night wasn't too bad.. he woke up a few times and we cuddled him back to sleep. (i managed to resist bringing him into our bed until 6am.) he had it once during the night. when we got up at half 7 he took 8oz from his bottle and all of his porridge, so it hasn't hindered his appetite.

he doesn't seem dehydrated at all. will keep an eye on him today, if he still has it i'll get an appointment for tomorrow. my gp only do appointments on the day, you need to phone up at 8:30am for that day, pain in the neck being honest :(

Sound like Rdy has been for the past few nights, he did a runny poo all over me last night- :puke:

i'm sitting here crying like an idiot :wall:

i phoned nhs 24, just to ask their advice whether i should take him to the docs or not.. basically they asked lots of Q's and said he seems ok for now, but keep an eye out for dehydration, letharhic, not eating, sunken fontanelle.

that was half an hour ago and now he's fell back asleep again :( he's already slept for an hour this morning after breakfast, but he's cuddled upto me asleep again, thats not like him, this is his playtime :(

i'm going to wake him at 11 for his feed, hoping he takes it ok. she also recommended a drink which replaces the salts etc that you lose, whats it called? think it began with a D???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back