Teething and calpol

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hey girls just a quick question.

Emily is starting to teeth quite bad now. I gave her calpol yesterday as a last resort. Ashton parsons, nelsons etc seem to be doing nothing. Baby bongela - not much help either. She bites on sophie (the giraffe) like her life depends on it and then seems to get annoyed with sophie! I've got a gumigem necklace teething rings etc but she just wants to chew on her fist while either making groaning noises or screaming in pain.
Anyone got any other suggestions? As I can't really give her calpol every day.

Thanks

X x x x

With Lilly teething came in lots of a few days each and every time it was straight in with the calpol and calprofen. We've done the same with every single tooth she's had trouble with.

Xxx

I think calpol is ok to give for a couple of days at a time hun, not sure what to sugest apart from that? Anything cold. Do you have teething rings that you can chill in the fridge? They usually love those. Hope she cuts her tooth soon and is back to normal x

Nothing is working for Lucas at the minute either. He won't take teething rings, toys etc. We have tried the teething powders and teething gels. I'm hoping he's in so much pain as the tooth is going to cute soon. Sorry that was no help at all. Just trying to say I'm in the same boat I guess. I even tried to use a torch to look in his mouth earlier but his tongue just gets in the way. xx

An unopened ice pole straight out the freezer! It's really helped charley x x

Hiya Pinkymum, was thinking about you the other day.

I work in a Chemist and they recommend Calpol then 2 hrs later an ibruprofen based product (for child of course) then 2 hours later Calpol then 2 hours later Ibruprofen. So you have 4 hours between the calpol and 4 between ibruprofen does that make sense? Unless, your child is allergic to either, or is on any other medication and/or asthmatic?.... thats what we are told to recommend, BUT I would call your local pharmacy/HV/doc to check the legislation on this. Its ok to do for short periods of time when she seems to be suffering, but its not for prolonged periods of time dont put yourself or her through any more pain xxx

Frozen cucumber or carrot sticks are good to gnaw on. Its so painful for them, poor lil mites x

Thanks girls, haven't needed to use calpol for a couple of days. Just bongela and ashton and parsons. I forgot to get carrot sticks when I was shopping the other day......must put it on the list :)

x

Have you tried Amber Teething necklaces? My little one wears a multi-colour one from WildSheep all the time. He's drooling a lot less and his gums are not so inflammed anymore. Besides I think it looks gorgeous lol I decided to go for the natural approach after he had a bad reaction a teething gel I got from the local pharmacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back