Teenagers & Knives

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
I have just got an email from netmums which starts off like this:

Teenagers and Knives: What's the Mums' view?

Something very serious to start with...and something that you'll have seen a lot in the media. Many teenagers are now carrying knives on a regular basis - in one London school it was estimated that 80% of students carry knives.

Right now, the Home Secretary, John Reid, is considering what, if any, changes there should be to the law about carrying knives. Can more be done?

Let's give Mr Reid our views. After all, it's our children who are in danger - both of being a victim or (because everyone is somebody's child) of being a knife carrier themselves one day.

http://www.netmums.com/knives/knives.php

:shock: :shock: :shock:
oh my god i will so be going through my sons bag when he gets home from school today 80% :shock: :shock: :shock:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

its a scary thought isnt it :shock: think if its like that now what is it gonna be like in 10-15 years time :shock: it doesnt bare thinking about.

i have answered the questions that it asks and hopefully the more people that do the more power they will have to stop this from happening.

it puts us all at risk coz of some peoples stupidity :(

It IS very scary, but it's worth remembering this is not new information.

I work in young people's education (literally next door to where the Birmingham schoolboy was stabbed last week) and this has been the situation for a while.

It's serious, but I do think the media are guilty of scaremongering and making out this is some kind of new phenomenon, with EVERY knife incident making it into the red-top newsapapers lately.

That said, I don't know what the answer is to changing it....... :(

wen i was at skool there wasw this group that thought it would be kool to 'play' with knifes
now all but one are in d bad place :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back