tea and coffee question.

lillie

Reaction score
We've are TTC (its ony been a few weeks so not expecting anything to have happened yet) but I have a question about caffeine to all you mums...

I know the official line is no more than 3ish cups of tea / coffee a day, but I have 3ish cups before 10am! Has anyone else had to cut down drastically? I admit Im not looking forward to it as I need to be awake for my job! Did you guys cut down when you were expecting?

Realistically I have 6 - 8 cups a day...is this too much?

i like my cups of tea so I alternate between regular and decaf :)

I drank as much as normal (ish) but did try to substitute some with friut and herbal teas (decaf just doesn't cut it with me) :)

I wasn't TTC last time and so baby got my daily dose of caffine until the smell of it made me gag :x But this time I'll be cutting it down and having herbal or hot ribena

I was a caffine addict 20 mugs of coffee daily 'at least'! I cut down by replacing my normal coffee with half caf at first it took some getting use to but I started drinking less ...this was whist TTC (& having problems)! Now I drink 1 coffee in the morning sometimes 2 and the rest of the day tea!

I feel better for less caffine I must admit!

x

I just eliminated any risk by switching to decaf straight away :)

I have gone of it completely... hot ater is the tipple of choice atm :cry: as have gone off all fruit teas too :(

I used to drink gallons of tea every day. So when we started ttc, I moved straight over to decaf tea. I've drunk it ever since as we were bf up until last week. Think I'll just stay on it now that I'm used to it.

you can get half-caff which honestly sounds worse than it is to wean yourself off it. even have your one strong cup in the mnorning to help you function then switch over lol. i am not allowed ANY tea or coffee as it stops iron absorption :( xxx

Lillie, I hear you :hug: I'm not looking forward to the non-coffee bit as I currently drink around 3-4 filter pots (yes, POTS) a day :cry: I'm already trying to cut myself down on it so I don't miss it as much etc. but without caffeine I can barely function!

I'm down to 4 cups a day at the moment and not yet TTC (but sooooon!)

Lillie, I hear you :hug: I'm not looking forward to the non-coffee bit as I currently drink around 3-4 filter pots (yes, POTS) a day :cry: I'm already trying to cut myself down on it so I don't miss it as much etc. but without caffeine I can barely function!

I'm down to 4 cups a day at the moment and not yet TTC (but sooooon!)

:shock: pots?!! No way! I would be wired for a month! :lol:

I know...I'm shocking. The hubby is the same ...:rofl: can you imagine what we're like without it?

I was worried about cutting out tea and coffee but have found that I can't ace hot drinks most of the time so it's easy! Am living on squash and water. xxx

Now that I'm pregnant Im trying to cut down- but it isnt going very well! I am a bad tempered cow due to caffiene withdrawl and this coupled with raging hormones isnt making for a good combination!

I dont usually have much coffee so that is gone completely now, and I'm only having normal 'builders tea' 4 times a day. I might try the half caffeine that was suggested because I MISS MY TEA! Headache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back