• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tax credits? when having 2nd child...

lisa&alex

Reaction score
we are already on tax credits, working and child..jsut wondering if we will have to re-apply when they baby gets ehre? or jsut ring them up and say its here?

im guessing we will have to reapply if so i want to get the forms before hand and fill them in.. then just put babys name and dob on there asap and post off coz they take aaaggeeesss to sort claimes..

anyone know any different? thankyou xx

Just ring them up as far as I can remember.

Are you getting the surestart grant too?

yeah should do.. im gonna go get forms next week.. so i can send them off asap coz that will take weeks too

I can't get the grant cos I only get the "Family Element" now, if I got a tiny bit more I could get it.

Actually does anyone know if your childcare costs count towards your CTC or are they seperate. I may need to use a childminder a bit in November and December...would that mean I got more than the family element or not?

hummmff thats mean.. perhaps give them a ring up.. and ask?

Yeah you just ring them and they take your word for it :D A lot easier than applying for child benefit.

they wait for your child benefit claim to go thru anyway so it should be fine to just ring up and give them LO's details, this is what i have had to do but i get income support element as i have not switched to tax credits yet. they sed that my money would be paid as soon as it was showing on their computers that i was getting child benefit for my daughter.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back