Tax credits help

Emma58

Reaction score
When you're Maternity Pay goes down are you entitled to more tax credits or does it stay the same?

I am now on half pay and TBH it's becoming a struggle.

Does anyone know I am confused.

I'm on SMP only now and it's just the same. I assume because it's based on your earnings from the previous year.

What you get now is probably based on last years earnings. I rang the tax credits about it and if i can give them an estimate of what i will earn between april this yr and april 09 they will recalculate for me.
So if you can work that out give them a ring and they will sort it for you :)
I have yet to do it as i have only just put a date in to return to work so didnt want to give them the wrong figure and then have to pay them back if they over pay the tax credits iykwim.

I have just rang the Tax Credits and as Charlie said i have to give them an estimate from April this year until April next year.
I have just rang Payroll for the figures and they won't give me them over the phone it has to be put in writing :wall:

Tax credit person I spoke to was really awkward I gave her the details I had off my payslip and explained it will be the same amount each month until January but they still wanted a definate figure not an estimation.

So, I have put it in writing and hopefully it will be sorted.

Thanks for your replies.

I wouldnt worry about it being entirely accurate as that is not possible as tax and NI contributions change etc etc so as long as its a roughly close figure you should be fine as they will correct the award when you can give them the exact figure next year.

I worked my annual income for this year out myself. I'm pretty sure it's fairly accurate and the Tax Credit office were happy to accept that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back