Tattoos linked to Infertility??

marge

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :wave:

Has anyone heard that having a tattoo while TTC can affect fertility?

I'm booked into have a new tattoo in a few weeks (I have 4 already but never had them while TTC) and while I was telling my mum about getting a new one she said that she had heard on the radio a new study that had linked getting a tattoo while TTC could cause fertility issues.

I thought at first she was trying to put me off as she doesnt like them but then it started to worry me a little.

I know there is always something in the news about one report or another but as I cant find anything on the net I wondered if anyone had heard the same or knew if there was a link?

Thanks x

Hmmm I don't know to be honest, I got my tattoo years ago. Might be worth looking into. :?

Thanks charmed, I think I will. I dont want to risk anything!

Congrats BTW!

That has to be rubbish surely!? Ive never heard that before and I think its safe to say that people with tattoos have been having babies for many many years now. Just look at Posh and Becks!

My 2 friends with 2 children each both have loads of tattoos. I also have a few tattoos but I doubt very much that my lack of children has anything to do with that.

Im sure if you had a tattoo done at a dodgy place with non sterile needles then any disease you could get e.g. HIV, Hepatitis etc could cause infertility, but not the tattoo itself.

I don't think its older tattoo's that she's meaning. I think its getting one whilst trying to conceive. :think:

I have to agree with Loola here, it sounds a bit silly. I wouldn't be concerned about it until you can see this study to see what it's all about. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it :)

I guess there could be links in tattoos and trying to conceive, perhaps ink in the blood stream :think: Again though my friend got pregnant when she had recently got a tattoo and she also had a tattoo when she was pregnant. I dont think they dont let you get tattooed because it would harm the unborn child, they dont let you get tattooed when you are pregnant incase the pain/trauma causes you to pass out or m/c. I must add the tattooist did not know she was pregnant.

Has to be absolute pish, i got a tattoo done in October last year, but it was already determined that i have unexplained infertility way before that!

Ive got 5 tatoos had 3 before i had any children then had the other 2 inbetween having children.

Thanks girl!

I did think it sounded a bit strange but I wanted to check if anyone else had heard of this before I went ahead. All being as obsessed as each other, I thought if anyone on heres gonna know it would be one of you!

And yes I meant getting one done while you were TTC.

So thanks again :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back