• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tan more while pregnant

jennywren

Reaction score
didnt know where to put this so thought I would put it here!!

So anyone who went on holiday or is good at searching the net know if this is a common thing or if it is just me ......

Ive always tanned quite well, but when I went to marbella for the weekend I tanned like super quick it was amazing!! we got there on Fri but only sat out on the sat for about 5 hours and the sunday for about 2 and I came back looking like I had been away for a week lol. I still have strong obvious tan lines now, I tanned way quicker than I would have had I not been pregnant!!

same here i usually tan fast anyway but being pg made it stand out more lol, but i did use jaycees factor 50 kids suncream to protect myself a bit more, i usually use factor 2 hawiian tropic oil lol! And i managed a nice tan thru hers lol

i went to spain at the start of my pregnancy but i'm not sure about tanning i stayed out of the sun..well didnt sunbathe anyway coz your not meant to sit in the sun when your pregnant it can overheat the baby!
fpund this though..it may explain it!

Ultraviolet rays from the sun can have a damaging effect on the human body. Skin cancer, premature aging of the skin and possible eye damage are potential outcomes of too much exposure to strong sunlight. During pregnancy a woman may find her skin more sensitized than usual to the rays of the sun (or sun beds for that matter). Some women experience dark patches on the face known as chloasma or pregnancy mask. This can be an indication that the skin is more prone to react to the sun, and the condition may well worsen with continued exposure.

Any effects that ultraviolet rays may have on an unborn baby are not really known, though there are concerns that a connection may exist between UV rays and a deficiency in folic acid. Folic acid plays an important role in a baby’s neural system development in the first trimester. The safest option is to avoid too much exposure to the sun, especially while pregnant.

cool thanks for that fran

I asked my midwife about the over heating baby thing before I went to Marbella and she said the only reason I shouldnt sit in the sun is the usual cancer scares and that it wouldnt harm the baby but that I may not feel comfortable in the sun for long periods as I would feel the heat more.

least I know know why you tan a bit quicker lol

I never tan but when i had ellis after my belly went saggy it was brown!!! and the rest of me boobs etc where white.

must have been from sitting in the shade with my belly out in july!! xxxx

sorry i just want to apologize..i just re read my post and it comes across really rude!
sorry jenny i didnt mean for it to come out that way!
you know what its like when you type and you cant express intonation...sorry!

keely..i PM'd you the other day hun just to ask how you and ellis are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back