Fake tan?

clairedoran

Reaction score
Is fake tan safe during pregnancy? Has anyone used it in previous pregnancies? I'm getting conflicting info from the net. I'm going to a wedding on saturday, and I look dreadful due to being so ill and generally run down. I wanted to put a bit on to give me some kind of colour, I'm so pale and ill looking at the moment!

Any advice would be great girls. I know i'm going to end up airing on the side of caution probably and go to the wedding looking like a ghost!

xx

I have a wedding in june and i have already enquired about this.....lol

I have been told that you can still use fake tan, but i'm just not going to put any on or around my bump, as thats going to be covered up anyway.
And you could even still have a spray tan, which is the option i'm going for all i'm doing is wearing a low down boob tube top whilst i have the tan done, even though i was told by the beautician that it was ok to not wear a top.

Hope this helps and this is just what i managed to find out, spray tans are used all over but some salons may use a different type.

Thanks MissSara,

I phoned the salon and they said they spray pregnant woman all the time. They said they would just put a mask over my face to stop me inhaling any tan! I looked on the babycentre site as well, which seems to say its safe, and that DHA (tanning agent) has been used safely in America for 50 years.

xx

Using fake tan is fine....beware though you may come out ALOT darker than usual!!!!....your skin changes alotin pregnancy and seems to soak it up like a sponge! :lol:

The salon lady also mentioned this. She said, your body goes through alot of hormonal changes so I may notice a difference in colour! I think its similar to dying your hair, its not dangerous but the colour may take differently! Thanks Tillytots

xx

Tillytots said:
did you do your tan for today hun?
x

Yes, I did thanks Tillytots. She only did it on my back and arms, these were the parts on show, I also put St Tropez everyday on my face. It was nice to look 'alive' again! The colour was fine, the same as pre-pregnancy. I won't be doing it again for a while though because the smell of the stuff was making me sick, with my heightened sense of smell at the moment, it's all I could smell!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back