Taking less formula at night

Olive

Reaction score
For the last 2 nights brody has stirred at 3ish like usual for his bottle; however, has only taken about 2.5oz instead of the usual 5/6oz. He just falls asleep.

Not sure what to make of it. Kinda hoping it means he's starting to think he doesn't need fed at that time but wishful thinking!

Any ideas? Maybe just random and tonight be back to normal. Tbh was more long winded as had to sit and see if he'd wake up.

Thanks x

Is he eating more in the day? A few times before Will slept thru he done this so might be a good sign xx

Yes pos I think so. Giving him 6 now instead of 5. :pray: Thanks for response. Xx

Grace used to wake at 3 for a full bottle after going down at 7. Now she wakes at 4/5am for half a bottle so sounds like he's on his way to going through without milk, sleeping through is a different thing altogether though lol

i find that as long as Will gets enough food in the day, he will sleep through the night. if he has less in a day he will get up earlier.

the past week he is stirring at around 4/4.30am and i'm not getting up and feeding him (some may disagree) if he cries i will but otherwise i let him go back to sleep or get him back to sleep coz i'm concerned he will start waking at this time for milk, which is why i try my best to make sure he has enough in the day x

Same as Pos about eating more on the day. J has been sleeping from about 9pm and wakes for feed at 5-6am. However my greedy little boy now regularly takes 8oz each feed in the day. I ran this past the HV and basically she said its coz hes sleeping the night so he takes more in the day. He did this himself but suits us fine. Got him weighed today and he's 12lb 5oz at 8 weeks and Mr Average at the 50th percentile.

Charlies doing the opposite- going down between 7 and 8, instead of waking at 2 or 3 he's woken at 12ish for a few oz , at 2 or 3 he'd have 5/6 but now he's just woken up at 12, had 2.5 oz and keeps jumping away from it...think its his teeth but can't give him any more gel...anyway now he's kicking about in his crib taking a few sips here and there and.jumping away again...annoying cause.he'll be up again in a few hours cause he's.hungry again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back